Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale: Tesla High Power Wall Connector (Gen 2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sir Surfalot

2021 Model 3 Long Range (MiC)
Supporting Member
Feb 14, 2021
Sydney, Australia
I have just replaced my Gen 2 HPWC with a Gen 3 Wall Connector - so we can charge our other cars from it too - and as such I don‘t have a use for the Gen 2 one any more.

It is the version with the 7.4m (24’) cable and I have been using it happily on 3-phase with my Model 3 (11kW max charging speed), but of course can be used on single phase too with its dip switches set appropriately. It is able to charge at 22 kW with a suitable car - some older variants of Model S/X have a 22kW onboard chargers - which it seems the Gen 3 chargers can’t do. It might be a better choice than a Gen 3 charger for someone already with one Gen 2 charger and 2 Teslas if they want to load balance the chargers, as apparently Gen 2 and Gen 3 don’t talk to each other for load balancing. Also obviously good for someone who wants to pay less than the new price for a charger ;)

Remember the Gen 2 HPWC can _only_ charge Teslas, doesn’t have a DIP switch setting to allow charging all cars, hence my only advertising it in here.

I‘d like something close to $400 for it - or I will just keep it and give it to some friend or relative who buys a Tesla. Will deliver to Sydney Northern Beaches or North/Northwest suburbs. I can’t find the original box, but all the actual parts are there that the electrician took off my wall yesterday.

Send me a private message if you are interested, or as I said if nobody wants it in the next few days I will tuck it away and give it to a friend/relative when they buy a Tesla.