Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flat spots in Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I’ll be leaving my 2023 Model 3 stationary for 2 months while I travel. Do I need to ask my friend to drive the vehicle to avoid flat spots? Note that I over inflated the tires to 46 psi instead of the recommended 42 as a prevention measure. Thanks!

Solution
I think you will be fine. Tires these days are MUCH better at avoiding flatspots than years ago.

Setting the tire pressure up a little as you did was sensible.

We've had 2 cars with 6 months in the garage untouched and after running a mile or two
(and ensuring tire pressure sensible when parking) all was just fine. Toyota 4Runner and a Lotus.

Tires are generally much better now than many years ago.

Tires are good enough that they look ok even at 5+ years old. If yours are 5+ years old replace them!
Terrible things can happen on the road with apparently-perfect old tires.
I think you will be fine. Tires these days are MUCH better at avoiding flatspots than years ago.

Setting the tire pressure up a little as you did was sensible.

We've had 2 cars with 6 months in the garage untouched and after running a mile or two
(and ensuring tire pressure sensible when parking) all was just fine. Toyota 4Runner and a Lotus.

Tires are generally much better now than many years ago.

Tires are good enough that they look ok even at 5+ years old. If yours are 5+ years old replace them!
Terrible things can happen on the road with apparently-perfect old tires.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
Solution