Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Ocean vs MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fisker Ocean is available in the US? Anyone has it yet? How does it stack up to the Y?

I have to say I’m very interested in the answer to this one also. Any thoughts from someone who has driven an Ocean? Thanks in advance….

Don't have any direct answers to the OP's question vs Model Y, but on a related note, a friend of ours this week just got their Fisker Ocean One that was ordered about two years ago, and it's shown here parked right next to our other friends' VW ID.4 and Hyundai Ioniq 5, all acquired just within the past few months, first EV for two of the families (not coincidentally within a year of getting solar on their homes).

Our 5-year ancient Model 3 is parked hiding elsewhere, but that made it cleaner to directly compare these three compact SUV EV's side-by-side. The most striking thing I noticed is that the Fisker looked significantly longer than the ID.4 next to it -though they weren't parked fully aligned, it wasn't my imagination as the actual lengths are 188" vs 181", and the Hyundai in the middle at 183" (Model Y is 187", close to the Fisker). The Fisker Ocean One also rides on huge 22" wheels and tires, together with a huge fake front grille, makes it appear much boxier than the other two SUV's. The Ioniq 5 is the most tapered in the front and rear corners, but still looked bigger than the ID.4.

Didn't have a chance to do any interior or driving comparisons. But just based on exterior looks alone, my wife said she liked the appearance of the Ioniq 5 the best of the three, while I favored the Fisker Ocean's distinctive and boxier styling the most. Though I'm probably more in the market to pick up a Model Y by year-end to replace our Model S totaled back in June - but I'm glad there are more choices in the market, esp some of our friends weren't necessarily anti-Tesla cars, but don't have a good perception of Elon Musk and his antics, so probably would've bought anything but...

fisker_ocean.jpg

I'm looking to pickup some FSR, so I'm doing some research on the cars, company, etc.

My question here: Does anyone know if any of them qualify for the $7500 off point of sale, now?
If they do, awesome.

If not, it will be hard to sell an EV that's effectively $7,500 more than a competing EV.

thanks.

the best part of the Ocean is that its NEW and it will get looks because there are so few on the road. Otherwise, the first thing you will notice is the bad software. Plan to wait at least a year to get the software up to par with any tesla you currently drive. Plus its the first models out so there are plenty plenty of issues that are non-software related as well, like the 12volt battery, vents, and other stuff