Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker ocean - UK forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fisker Ocean ads coming up often - they have got 4 models ranging from I think £34990. And the prices are in pounds for a LHD market. Not sure anyone have reserved one? If so, any response?

Good competition for both 3 and Y in terms of price.

Checked the UK forum no relevant threads related to it other than few in US forum.

If you need further information:
www.fiskerinc.com

Last edited:
Where would you take it for service??
In common with many of the new EV rivals they plan to offer to collect and return cars needing service or use mobile techs and remote diagnosis.
Te problem with all modern chip-based cars is the limitations of access and knowledge for independent places (or the costs to own all the varieties of software and diagnostics)

Reactions: CWT3LR and Sean.
In common with many of the new EV rivals they plan to offer to collect and return cars needing service or use mobile techs and remote diagnosis.
Te problem with all modern chip-based cars is the limitations of access and knowledge for independent places (or the costs to own all the varieties of software and diagnostics)
Makes sense, just hope they have the capacity. I do quite like the Ocean and have been considering it in a couple of years or so. I won’t be an early adopter.

I like the look of the Fisker Ocean range, when the lease on my M3 is up in sept 2024 this will defo be one on my list to look into. Hopefully by then there will be some real world feedback on UK build quality & customer service XP to help with the decision. I believe that they are being built out of Magna Steyr plant in Graz, Austria so hopefully the build quality is streets ahead of the Tesla Freemont standards I have to put up with at the moment (mines one of the last Freemont built cars to be shipped to UK).

Fisker Ocean ads coming up often - they have got 4 models ranging from I think £34990. And the prices are in pounds for a LHD market. Not sure anyone have reserved one? If so, any response?

Good competition for both 3 and Y in terms of price.

Checked the UK forum no relevant threads related to it other than few in US forum.

If you need further information:
www.fiskerinc.com
Any pricing info is garbage at this point. Until they start selling/shipping I'd give zero F what they claim the price would be.

Reactions: pipestem
Buying a Tesla 3 years ago was a bit of a leap of faith for me as while established at that point, still felt that I was buying with a bit of risk

Fisker aren't inspiring me with confidence at all. Lack of information, put a deposit down but don't know the price and things like that, just screams of 'we don't really know what we are doing yet'

I salute those with the bravery to give it a whirl but I'll be on the sidelines watching. No way I would be looking at Fisker at this point.

Buying a Tesla 3 years ago was a bit of a leap of faith for me as while established at that point, still felt that I was buying with a bit of risk

Fisker aren't inspiring me with confidence at all. Lack of information, put a deposit down but don't know the price and things like that, just screams of 'we don't really know what we are doing yet'

I salute those with the bravery to give it a whirl but I'll be on the sidelines watching. No way I would be looking at Fisker at this point.
Exactly what lots of us did with Tesla, I paid a £1K deposit in 2017 for a car I had never seen with no commitment on delivery date which was 2 years later. It's a rare thrill in a mundane world that teaches you to have unlimited patience, tantric, like Sting.

When the numbers are relatively tiny, that’s a pretty good service model. It only scales up to a point. Tesla have at least beaten a recent path here. Though I did prefer the overall ‘whatever it takes’ service attitude in 2018 (Fortnum & Mason-like) to 2023 (Tesco/Aldi -like).

I've done it. I've taken the plunge on the Fisker Ocean Extreme and will be handing back my M3P come March 2024. I had been looking at trading mine in for something else, but the used car prices on EVs have absolutely fallen through the floor. I would have had to find another £4k to break even as a trade in. My final payment next year is as much as the car is supposedly worth now. So with it being a PCP, I'm taking the opportunity to just hand it back with no questions asked and will be starting afresh.

I liked the M3P, but the build just isn't as nice as a nice new BMW or Merc. There's some things that are brilliantly executed but at the end of the day, you can get the majority of it in other manufacturers.

I need a bigger car for the family, so the M3P is not practical anymore. I took the family on holiday last week in it and to say it was a squeeze was an understatement. Brimming!

I will miss the performance, but the Fisker intrigues me greatly. I think it could really disrupt the market.

I've done it. I've taken the plunge on the Fisker Ocean Extreme and will be handing back my M3P come March 2024. I had been looking at trading mine in for something else, but the used car prices on EVs have absolutely fallen through the floor. I would have had to find another £4k to break even as a trade in. My final payment next year is as much as the car is supposedly worth now. So with it being a PCP, I'm taking the opportunity to just hand it back with no questions asked and will be starting afresh.

I liked the M3P, but the build just isn't as nice as a nice new BMW or Merc. There's some things that are brilliantly executed but at the end of the day, you can get the majority of it in other manufacturers.

I need a bigger car for the family, so the M3P is not practical anymore. I took the family on holiday last week in it and to say it was a squeeze was an understatement. Brimming!

I will miss the performance, but the Fisker intrigues me greatly. I think it could really disrupt the market.
Firstly, congrats on not hanging on to a car that didn't suit your needs, just because...

Secondly, that Ocean looks like a major step forward in EV design and usability. 440 mile range, 0-60 plenty quick enough, but with lots of little improvements over both ICE tech and Tesla tech.

Finally, and biggest plus for me, would be no longer having to mumble embarrassingly when admitting you drive a Muskmobile. Seems like Henrik Fisker is what Musk set out to be but failed.

• Love
Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Firstly, congrats on not hanging on to a car that didn't suit your needs, just because...

Secondly, that Ocean looks like a major step forward in EV design and usability. 440 mile range, 0-60 plenty quick enough, but with lots of little improvements over both ICE tech and Tesla tech.

Finally, and biggest plus for me, would be no longer having to mumble embarrassingly when admitting you drive a Muskmobile. Seems like Henrik Fisker is what Musk set out to be but failed.
I won't lie, the car is a bit out of my price range, but I'm going to use the year to get in to a good place financially so I can afford it when the time comes. I am fortunate that I was in a good position with my job when I took the M3P. but I'm going to enjoy the Fisker, I know it.

Musk is too much of a fool. I think he's a great thinker and has some great ideas but his personal behaviour is tripping his own companies up.

Reactions: CWT3LR

Have you placed the $250 reservation deposit or gone a step further?

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Exactly what lots of us did with Tesla, I paid a £1K deposit in 2017 for a car I had never seen with no commitment on delivery date which was 2 years later. It's a rare thrill in a mundane world that teaches you to have unlimited patience, tantric, like Sting.
That last sentence makes me think you got way too excited at receiving your car :)

• Funny
Reactions: Cloggie