Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Roadster with AC 150 power electronics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone here can say if their early Roadster was in fact equipped with bi-directional charging? Only as a historical note, I am trying to remember if any of AC Propulsion's AC 150 controllers, which were capable of bi-directional charging, made it into any of the earliest cars.

Thanks!

Wondering if anyone here can say if their early Roadster was in fact equipped with bi-directional charging? Only as a historical note, I am trying to remember if any of AC Propulsion's AC 150 controllers, which were capable of bi-directional charging, made it into any of the earliest cars.

Thanks!
I think AC 150 PEM only made it into mule 1 & 2 and very early EP cars. All production 1.5 cars, including F/P1 and VP, had Tesla’s re-engineered PEM. They reworked the PEM further for 2.x.

Mule 1 was sold off by Tesla during their dark cash strapped days as a roller with the electronics and drivetrain ripped out. I believe there’s a team still working to make mule 1 drive, again.

Last edited: