Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean other than letting you know when you need to get up and walk out to your car to schedule the update. It seems to me it can save you a lot of the "is it here yet" hassle.
I suppose, but I'm not waiting on the update with bated breath. It seems like if it alerts me that an update is available, I should be able to accept and schedule the update on the phone. Right now I press the alert and it just takes me to the Tesla app, which has no indication or action item about the update. Just seems like a weird customer journey.

I suppose, but I'm not waiting on the update with bated breath. It seems like if it alerts me that an update is available, I should be able to accept and schedule the update on the phone. Right now I press the alert and it just takes me to the Tesla app, which has no indication or action item about the update. Just seems like a weird customer journey.

Consider the extra step as location based three factor authentication.

Perhaps it a bit of a safety issue. If you could launch it remotely you might accidentally do it while somebody was using it thus trapping them for almost 2 hours. Not in the car of course but perhaps at the store.
I think that could be easily geofenced to your home location. Certainly it would restrict the software from being updated while the car is being driven.

I don't really see much of a defense for it and for the other limited functionality of the mobile app. You can't even roll the windows up or down or change the driver profile from the app. Both of those seem like they should be basic functions.

I think that could be easily geofenced to your home location. Certainly it would restrict the software from being updated while the car is being driven.

I don't really see much of a defense for it and for the other limited functionality of the mobile app. You can't even roll the windows up or down or change the driver profile from the app. Both of those seem like they should be basic functions.

You can't open the windows but you can move the car from the app