Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Firmware Upgrade Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't loaded the 6.1 info yet, which I will do tonight or tomorrow.
Minor nit-picks as you work on the details... :)
In the "by model" table it looks odd to duplicate the 'S'. I think you have "Model S" "S60" and "Model S" "P85D" or something along those lines in your data...
How are the small tables sorted? The VIN one is sorted by VIN (perfect), the others have only a hand full of entries, so it doesn't matter, but the "by model" one seems odd in its order... I'd sort by "price" (S40/S60/S85/S85D/P85/P85+/P85D) - and if I'm not mistaken that would also be an alphabetical sort...
But I totally love the statistics this gives us.

(didn't get a single Thanks / reputation point for doing this, but that's ok, I like the result)

I did thank you privately...

I tried to give you reputation points too, but apparently I don't do that often enough, and had still given you some too recently. I'll "spread some around" and make sure to come back and give you some for this, as you definitely deserve it!

Ok Dirk, I've done a final sync and loaded all the 6.1 records into the web app. I've manually checked both, and I'm confident that everything syncs up. In both versions, there were three additional users that added data to the web app that did not update the wiki (so the counts between each database won't match exactly). Let me know, and I can send you their info just for completeness. But where the records match up, it's a clean 1-1 match.

Thanks for everything.

Ok Dirk, I've done a final sync and loaded all the 6.1 records into the web app. I've manually checked both, and I'm confident that everything syncs up. In both versions, there were three additional users that added data to the web app that did not update the wiki (so the counts between each database won't match exactly). Let me know, and I can send you their info just for completeness. But where the records match up, it's a clean 1-1 match.

Thanks for everything.
I don't see a reason to maintain the wiki table. If you're ok with it I'll delete the table in the wiki now that you have all the data in your tool.

Yes, I won't kill the wiki, just remove the table and point to your tracker instead.

One suggestion (everyone loves late additions to the data model...) - could we track the country?
We had questions like "Anyone receive 6.2 in Canada"?
You could almost fill this for the existing entries based on IP location (once they log in the first time) :)

Updated: DONE. please check that you like how I phrased things and add / correct if necessary

Last edited:
sounds like a plan.

and yes, I love how this takes it from "gut feeling, based on what I have seen reading 800 posts in a thread" to actual DATA...

(didn't get a single Thanks / reputation point for doing this, but that's ok, I like the result)

For some reason there is no button for adding Reputation in this thread. Maybe it's a Wiki thing?

I thank you, anyway.

Yes, I won't kill the wiki, just remove the table and point to your tracker instead.

One suggestion (everyone loves late additions to the data model...) - could we track the country?
We had questions like "Anyone receive 6.2 in Canada"?
You could almost fill this for the existing entries based on IP location (once they log in the first time) :)

Updated: DONE. please check that you like how I phrased things and add / correct if necessary

Wiki page looks good.. maybe add something about clicking on the "discussion" tab to report any feedback/suggestions on the app. thx.

Yes, I saw you added a Geo column, and that is something I do intend to add shortly. I wanted to give the app basics a workout before expanding features, but yeah, that's at the top of the list, and it's pretty easy to do... but I have some "real work" to get to today. :)

Interesting looking at the 6.1 updates... all the Autopilot cars have been updated to 2.2.179 or .200, whereas all the non-AP cars are still mostly on .115 or .140.

Updates by Build/Autopilot
BuildCountAuto
Pilot
Non-Auto
Pilot
I can't believe no one thought of doing this tracker earlier. This is SO MUCH BETTER than the guessing based on 100+ page threads...
Given the issues with torque sleep in .140 I see why they would make sure all 'D' have .179 or newer :)

I can't believe no one thought of doing this tracker earlier. This is SO MUCH BETTER than the guessing based on 100+ page threads...
Given the issues with torque sleep in .140 I see why they would make sure all 'D' have .179 or newer :)

This is without question much, much better than guessing.

That being said, let the record reflect that several times, and going against the common wisdom on the forums, and with naysayers often trying to tell me I was wrong and only imagining it, I actually had done a good and accurate job of "guessing", accurately, stating that it really did seem as if the P85Ds (and later all the Ds) were getting the updates much faster than what had previously been the norm for other models. (I wasn't really "guessing." I was obsessively reading the forums in real-time, and remembering what I read, and it just jumped out at me.)

This is definitely better! No one can argue with this!

This is without question much, much better than guessing.

That being said, let the record reflect that several times, and going against the common wisdom on the forums, and with naysayers often trying to tell me I was wrong and only imagining it, I actually had done a good and accurate job of "guessing", accurately, stating that it really did seem as if the P85Ds (and later all the Ds) were getting the updates much faster than what had previously been the norm for other models. (I wasn't really "guessing." I was obsessively reading the forums in real-time, and remembering what I read, and it just jumped out at me.)

This is definitely better! No one can argue with this!
Yes, because now we can support our guesses with data.
It seems obvious that the OTA rollout is only to autopilot cars. The data supports that educated guess.
I noticed that P85D still seem to be getting firmware updates quicker than others. Again, supported by the data.
The trick will be to get more people to enter their data. We have only 49 records at this point. I ping pretty much everyone I see posting about having received the upgrade. Let's see if it helps.

Two requests:
1. Add a link to the tracker for sending feedback. Just redirecting to this wiki would be useful, but a more direct mechanism might be better on your end.
2. Add the ability to add customer versions; currently only 6.1 and 6.2 are allowed. For example, I'd like to go back through my telemetry and add back all the old versions (like 4.5) for future reference. My recommendation would be to make it part of the "Not Listed..." UI to allow the "marketing version" to be custom not just the engineering version. As a side bonus, once a handful of us do this you'll have the marketing version dropdown fairly complete relatively quickly.