Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update 5.6 and 4g at&t?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My speculation is that one of the newer updates allows storage of map tiles on the HDD, thereby reducing the amount of information streamed to the car and making load times seem "faster".

I read somewhere else on this board that the car simply does not have a LTE antenna, so it can't simply be "turned on" via software. However, I don't think anyone has been able to conclude whether the installed antenna can or cannot support HSPA (4G "lite") definitively.

Dealership = repair facility.

Also to my knowledge AT&T has hspa+ which just needs to be turned on. Not sure if AT&T requires a sim card to acess there LTE network. I deal with Verison for my cell phone service.

BTW: I. Love this car even more after this update. I drove to Vegas on 4.5 and drove home on 5.6. The service was superb, they even took care of a couple TSB while it was there. And got to drive around with a sun roof all day. Loved it!

I'm too lazy to go to the service center to demand the update. v5.0 seems like so yesterday...

Any speculation as to when it will be rolled out via a wireless automatic update?

Uhh...that's how it is being "rolled out" right now and has been for more than a week. It has NOT however, gone to everyone yet. Many are still waiting their turn and many (particularly those who already have it!!) are urging patience.