Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Firmware 8.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 8.0 this morning, early morning notification and it installed whilst I was having Breakfast. I prefer the new look in most areas, TuneIn is not working for me, just spins and doesn't connect (same as many folks it seems) resetting hasn't cleared the issue. Other than that the music interface is better, some annoyances with Navigation (like a supercharger list easily accessible). In any case I haven't played with it much yet but wanted to report in early on the update. P85+ 16K vin

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
Got 8.0 this morning, early morning notification and it installed whilst I was having Breakfast. I prefer the new look in most areas, TuneIn is not working for me, just spins and doesn't connect (same as many folks it seems) resetting hasn't cleared the issue. Other than that the music interface is better, some annoyances with Navigation (like a supercharger list easily accessible). In any case I haven't played with it much yet but wanted to report in early on the update. P85+ 16K vin
I also received and installed the update this morning -- Sig 6xx. I am experiencing the same problem with TuneIn

We'll see if it grows on me, but so far I'm not a fan. It's even more of a mismatch with the classic S dash. It's like two totally different themes now. I kinda was expecting it to finally be uniform.

The full screen map just makes between apps a little more tricky/distracting, but we'll see..

I kinda wish I could just roll back :(

I got 8.0 on my classic S over the weekend. I generally like the new looks but things are buggy. Listening to streaming music, I took a call. After the call was over the music showed it was playing but nothing came out of the speakers. I had to switch sources to get it to come back on.

Almost every time I get back in my car the streaming music picks up playing but then cuts short ~30s before the end of the song. Hasn't done that in a long time.

And the way of submitting bug reports via voice no longer seems to be present...

Generally expect bugs on the update. They'll iron them out "soon".

just got it
I like that you can customize the mileage display.
I only added trip A,but you can also add trip B
as seen in my picture
the music seems to play random from my USB device even if it is not on random.
fan setting below 4 turns on outside air vent ( even when not on auto)
Have to play with it some more
to see what is good and not so good.
It is amazing that in 18 minutes I have already found some bugs.
Who are these beta testers and why are they still being used?
We on the forum find bugs much quicker.(unless we are the secondary beta testers).

new dash.JPG

So if the alphabetic listing is gone from the media app, how do you get to what you want to listen to? My wife, like so many of you, has so much music on the USB stick that the alphabetic listing is a necessity. You can't really use the alpha listing while driving, but we frequently use it as the passenger or just when stopped somewhere. I can't imagine trying to scroll through the entire listing without a quick way to jump around.

So if the alphabetic listing is gone from the media app, how do you get to what you want to listen to? My wife, like so many of you, has so much music on the USB stick that the alphabetic listing is a necessity. You can't really use the alpha listing while driving, but we frequently use it as the passenger or just when stopped somewhere. I can't imagine trying to scroll through the entire listing without a quick way to jump around.

Search doesn't include USB?