Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have your doors sprouted wings yet?
That was the first question my Dad asked me as well LOL. No falcon wing doors or auto opening / closing front doors yet :D

That's cool but you're going to have to wave goodbye to it. :)

That's fine I can live without it especially since it doesn't really do anything on a model s ;)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NikeWings and msnow
Yes, you only need enter the geofence momentarily, and as I said, it will not always work if your car isn't "due" for an update.

Attached is the full list of geofence coordinates for those curious.

I'm nearly certain my car IS due as it is a late 2015 with autopilot car but stoping for 15 minutes at this geofence (listed on the list you gave) didn't trigger an update.

I'm still stuck on I'm still on 2.28.19.

Do you need to log into the service center's wifi while you are in the geofence?
I was definitely inside the geofence while I purchased a power adapter. Took ~30 minutes. I only saw a guest wifi on the list.
I am driving a Model S 90D (late June 2016 build), and still on firmware 2.28.19

No login is required. If you did not get an update, as has been said, don't worry about it. No one here knows all the secrets as to Tesla's firmware update logic for each and every vehicle in the fleet, but if you didn't get one, either your Center isn't doing the geofencing (check previous post for list) or Tesla's logic says your VIN does not get an update quite yet.

I just parked at the Service Center for a few minutes this morning and when I got home I got an update notification. Looks like I'm the first to install 2.30.33.

Actually i might take first on that, I went for a run by a service center last night about 11:30pm got the update notification and applied it this morning about 1am when I got home.... The update fixed my backwards wheel controls but I still have the spoiler and towing options:D I was hoping it would resolve all the issues, oh well I'm still going to bring my car in for service in a few weeks I'm guessing it will be a quick fix with a service center laptop to remove my spoiler and towing options lol I'd rather not have to leave my car for such a minor issue:rolleyes: