Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 2.28.60 (I think that was it) as I was at a Service Center late last night (last 3 updates have been while at a Service Center charging my car). Notes just said minor bugfixes and improvements. One thing I noticed is that I had mileage added overnight! I parked the car with 254 and didn't plug in. When I woke up and checked my car this morning (presumably after losing 1-2 miles to vampire drain, I was expecting 252-253) it showed 259! Must have changed the algo or something.

Reactions: msnow
I just got 2.28.60 (I think that was it) as I was at a Service Center late last night (last 3 updates have been while at a Service Center charging my car). Notes just said minor bugfixes and improvements. One thing I noticed is that I had mileage added overnight! I parked the car with 254 and didn't plug in. When I woke up and checked my car this morning (presumably after losing 1-2 miles to vampire drain, I was expecting 252-253) it showed 259! Must have changed the algo or something.
Or you battery is warmer now.

That's good news! Hope it sticks and I am interested to hear what your next 90% and 100% numbers are.

Or you battery is warmer now.
Doubt that's it, as I was supercharging when the update notification came on and then I immediately drove to my house and parked it, set the update to occur immediately and noting 254 range and not plugging it in. Came back this morning and showed 259.

Weird thing when supercharging, though. It was about 90 out. It started off great, pulling around 290 Amps. After about 20 minutes (when SOC was like 30-40%) the amps dropped off to 74 and would not exceed 74 for the rest of the charging session. Took forever to charge the rest of the way! The other stalls were empty so it wasn't a case of a paired supercharger. Very odd. Did my car or the supercharger equipment malfunction?

Weird thing when supercharging, though. It was about 90 out. It started off great, pulling around 290 Amps. After about 20 minutes (when SOC was like 30-40%) the amps dropped off to 74 and would not exceed 74 for the rest of the charging session. Took forever to charge the rest of the way! The other stalls were empty so it wasn't a case of a paired supercharger. Very odd. Did my car or the supercharger equipment malfunction?

Which Supercharger were you at? There are reports of that type of behavior at on SpC site, and Tesla is aware of it and tells people to move to a different stall to get faster speed.

Updated over the weekend to 2.28.42 (was on 2.28.19) and noticed that the Nav sub-screen in the IC now shows the warning to drive slowly to reach destination, which I had only seen on the Nav app of the large center display before:

IMG_2384.jpg

Reactions: chillaban
Updated over the weekend to 2.28.42 (was on 2.28.19) and noticed that the Nav sub-screen in the IC now shows the warning to drive slowly to reach destination, which I had only seen on the Nav app of the large center display before:

View attachment 186974

I've seen it on the IC display before this update. Having said that, it may only show up when you have the NAV up on the IC? I often (unless I'm in a congested city center) replace the NAV display with trip/energy table display.

Mike

Reactions: Cyclone
I've seen it on the IC display before this update. Having said that, it may only show up when you have the NAV up on the IC? I often (unless I'm in a congested city center) replace the NAV display with trip/energy table display.

Mike

Correct, it only shows up on the IC if Nav is one of the two side apps loaded on the IC. I've never seen it before although I usually keep Nav on the left side of the IC once I start a trip (it automatically shows up there and replaces the Media app).

Got 2.28.60 last night. Haven't noticed anything different.

I did get the 17'' popup announcing "minor fixes." Are you sure you didn't miss it? I did last time it updated. It popped up when I opened the back door to put my son in his car seat, but when I got him in, I closed the rear door, and the 17'' turned off between the time the back door closed and I opened the driver door. When it came back on after I got in the car the popup was gone.