Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That doesn't describe how it works for me. This is Florida so we don't have steep inclines but on modest inclines I just come to a stop, apply the brakes and then it holds for a second when I release the brakes. Works perfectly and both of us love it as an added feature.

Interesting. I was born in Ft. Lauderdale and remember thinking Ontario was "mountainous" by comparison when I was a kid and my family moved. If it works for you there, it seems there must be something wrong with my setup. I just had the car in 2 days ago for the under-body shield and never thought to mentioned it.

My hill hold works like mknox's - i.e. not really. To engage it, I have to press the brake pedal a second time (I don't have to "jerk" the car to a stop, though), even on significant hills. My car goes in for "tank mode" on May 8th. I'll ask them to take a look.

Ever since getting the latest 5.9 (.94 IIRC), a few of strange things happened.

1. Bluetooth unavailable message that required a reboot
2. When waking up from sleep a very brief car needs service message occurred as different parts of the car became functional.
3. Car completely unresponsive from the remote app until I performed a reboot in the car. After that remote connections were working fine.

I wonder if there is something weird going on with sleep mode.

Ever since getting the latest 5.9 (.94 IIRC), a few of strange things happened.

1. Bluetooth unavailable message that required a reboot
2. When waking up from sleep a very brief car needs service message occurred as different parts of the car became functional.
3. Car completely unresponsive from the remote app until I performed a reboot in the car. After that remote connections were working fine.

I wonder if there is something weird going on with sleep mode.

I had problem 1. with bluetooth. I think my message said "Bluetooth needs service" or something to that effect and I had to reboot to get it working. But I had this in the version before 5.9.94 as well. I had called service for it and then that evening received the new version .94 so thought that they had sent a fix but then had the message once more. I rebooted and have never had a problem since.

That doesn't describe how it works for me. This is Florida so we don't have steep inclines but on modest inclines I just come to a stop, apply the brakes and then it holds for a second when I release the brakes. Works perfectly and both of us love it as an added feature.

Have your service center take a look at it.

That was why I called service in the first place. I pointed out that results seem to vary between users and that others seem to have it working correctly but right now the Tesla reps seem relatively uncertain about how it's supposed to work. The rep agreed that my car seemed inconsistent but there was no prescribed fix or understanding of what to fix. I do know that mine behaves like mKnox, i.e. if it starts to roll back after releasing and I brake again, then it always works. I've also noticed that if I pre-pump the brakes it seems to work better (though this has to be immediately before). I was wondering if driving style had some impact on this, creep, regen, or whatever. It could be something to do with the brake system though my brakes seem fine in other respects.

The other day my front wheels were at the top of a speed bump while I was sitting at a packed drive-thru. I lifted off the brake and the car rolled back rather suddenly and obviously, almost hitting the car behind me. This is a situation where you could be sitting on an otherwise flat surface or with very little incline, yet experience a sudden and unexpected roll back.

I have found hill assist to behave very unpredictably. In fact, on most hills where I would expect it to work, it does nothing.

Hmmm, then maybe I need to ask for another new UMC. My charge port opens randomly after I unplug at home... maybe 25% of the time... and it's always while I'm coiling up the UMC, just after I've closed it. It hasn't been bad enough to prompt me to call, I figured I'd just mention it next time I'm in for service. That's not new in 5.9 for me, though.

And back on the topic of 5.9 (I installed 1.51.94 about 2 weeks ago), I've been pretty happy with the features being discussed. Hill assist works fine for me on moderate to steep inclines, and I'm very happy to have it now; in the past I've come close to rolling backwards into someone in an especially steep parking lot. The nav screen correctly identified my home and work locations, even though the car sat at Dulles Airport for over a week after I upgraded. And I like the larger font for time/temperature/etc.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet (I think): right after the upgrade, I thought regen was ever so slightly more aggressive than it had been pre-5.9 (which would've been fine by me), especially at lower speeds, but now I'm not so sure. Has anyone felt a difference, or am I imagining it?

Is anyone having any issues with the center console locking up with they select their playlist in slacker? I can repeat it, going from XM to slacker then to my personal playlist everything freezes and about 3 mins later the center console reboots.

Is anyone having any issues with the center console locking up with they select their playlist in slacker? I can repeat it, going from XM to slacker then to my personal playlist everything freezes and about 3 mins later the center console reboots.

Have not had this exactly, but Slacker has been acting funny, sometimes saying unreachable, or with "unable to log in, duplicate user id" message. My guess is that this has less to do with Tesla firmware version and more to do with some change at Slacker that is fuzzing up the interface.

Have not had this exactly, but Slacker has been acting funny, sometimes saying unreachable, or with "unable to log in, duplicate user id" message. My guess is that this has less to do with Tesla firmware version and more to do with some change at Slacker that is fuzzing up the interface.

I had the duplicate user ID message momentarily yesterday and I use my own Slacker ID.

Also had a bluetooth issue with my iPhone this morning. After I got in the car, the car console showed being connected to the phone and I had a hard time disconnecting it so I could resume playing slacker music. End call would not work and I had to go to the bottom entry ("cancel" I believe) on the scroll wheel.

I received an email regarding my slacker issue, but I'm out of town and have not had a chance to contact them. I'm thinking it might be something they are aware of and are actively reviewing alarm logs. I'll keep you posted unless someone else manages to get there before me.

thanks for the feedback.

ken