Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally test drove tonight (S85)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what sold me too. Of course took a over a year to convince my wife as I couldn't get her to go on a test drive.

While there are some areas for future improvement, I agree that the Pros far exceed the cons.

Wrt the pano roof, I rarely use mine either, but feel it opens up the interior without being distracting on sunny days.

Wow, it took me 2 months to convince my wife to go for a test drive! I thought that was a long time. But, by the end of the test, they couldn't get her out of the car!! The most interesting thing, the thing she loved the most, was the regenerative breaking. She took to it like a fish in water.... :biggrin:

Congrats, you are going to love that Config! I never had parking sensors before but I appreciate them now that I have them. I agonized over my own wait for delivery. But TMC turns out to be good medication to hold you over. I also did one or two test drives during the wait when anxiety started to outweigh the anticipation. Also, focusing on your charging setup will keep you busy. I put in two 14-50 outlets on separate breakers to give me options on which bay I use for charging or to accommodate another EV in the future.

However I might suggest that you avoid torturing yourself with driving a vehicle with options that you didn't purchase unless you are prepared to attempt a pre-production reconfig. The P and + upgrades are the most expensive and most tempting. Did you get 19s or 21s?

I got the 19s. From what I've read the ride will be a bit smoother vs the 21's.

I'm going to get one 14-50 outlet installed in the basement, and I can also use the level2 chargers at work.

Wow, it took me 2 months to convince my wife to go for a test drive! I thought that was a long time. But, by the end of the test, they couldn't get her out of the car!! The most interesting thing, the thing she loved the most, was the regenerative breaking. She took to it like a fish in water.... :biggrin:

When you saw her reacting that way you must have been doing quite the happy dance on the inside! :-D

Congratulations! Welcome, TMC and You tube helped until delivery which was 2 weeks early before Christmas! What company delivers a product to my house, in Montana, early, at Christmas! TM. I am a very happy owner and have 9300 of the sweetest miles I have ever driven and just since my December 16, 2013 delivery. Great doing business with you, Tesla Motors !