Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally Pulled the Trigger - Blue 90D!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Ski Krazy thanks for the thoughtful reply. Congrats on your purchase sounds like it will be an amazing X. It's funny as I thought I may have some level of buyers remorse or a few moments of 'what am I doing spending this much on a car'. But I haven't, I've just become more excited. It appears I've fully justified this purchase to myself.

To literally everyone's shock my X arrived yesterday. The delivery team advised they had no idea it had shipped and they certainly hadn't shared it with me. I've set delivery up for tomorrow evening and am stolked. It's over 1 month early (pretty sure that's a new record for Tesla?). They were also kind enough to cut the shipping price in half because of the early and unannounced shipping.

I'm scrambling a bit because I thought I had more time to figure out some of the things I wanted to get done / order accessories / cleaning products etc. Not complaining tho.

I have not found a spot to get the wheels done. There appears to be several metal shops that will do them but most want the rims removed from the tire before bringing the vehicle in, which I have no interest in doing. I will definitely check out Renewz later today. I've also been told there are some good spots in Richmond but don't know where yet.

I have been communicating with Ken Wilson (mostly via email) at autowerkes exclusive in maple ridge. Looking at the xpel stealth wrap mostly for protection and longevity as I plan to keep the X for a long time. Plus I like the look of the stealth alot from what I've seen in photos. It's expensive but this whole thing is expensive so I don't want to cheap out on protection and the film is reviewed really well and warrantied for 10 years. Ken was recommended on this forum and after reaching out to a few people I'm likely going to go this route.

I'm waiting to hear back from him as he's looking into whether he can get me in next week. I'm going to Penticton the following week and would rather be wrapped for the drive over the coke than not wrapped.

I'll update once I take delivery tomorrow!

Mike

That's funny to hear. I thought I'd also experience some buyer's remorse but everytime I found myself thinking "is this real?" it was out of excitement and disbelief that it's finally happening. I guess that's what happens when you go in well-researched.

My wife had a few hours of remorse just because of the price tag, but she quickly came to reason. ;) I've been talking about Tesla for years and it seems I have finally fully converted her with her saying "now every car I look at just seems inferior."

Wow, that's amazing! I can imagine the scramble. That's one heck of a turnaround. The reason we delayed ours was to give us time to get some finances in order. I bet you must feel like Christmas morning is just around the corner but x 1,000,000.

Hmm, yeah, not sure if Renewz requires the same. Interesting note on the XPEL stealth front. I've seen it before and it does look really good. Your point on protection and longevity may have just sold me. I'm also planning on keeping the Tesla for a long time so it would definitely be a worthwhile investment like you said. Just when I thought I had it all planned out, you have to go throw me a curve ball... :rolleyes:

Well, please do take before and after pictures for both the rims and paint. Looking forward to seeing your beauty!

Simon

Hi

Congrats on the purchase, the wrap looks awesome.

Just curious, we ordered a 90D early July too and am planning to take delivery in two weeks. Just like you I noticed that the discount has increased since we ordered the car by around $2000 (I saw this when I clicked on view spec in the my tesla page). You mentioned the same thing happening to you, did Tesla honor the higher discount?
Thanks in advance!

Hi

Congrats on the purchase, the wrap looks awesome.

Just curious, we ordered a 90D early July too and am planning to take delivery in two weeks. Just like you I noticed that the discount has increased since we ordered the car by around $2000 (I saw this when I clicked on view spec in the my tesla page). You mentioned the same thing happening to you, did Tesla honor the higher discount?
Thanks in advance!

What's funny is I e-mailed the sales person as soon as I saw it enquiring about it and he had no idea that Tesla had further discounted then 90Ds.

Before I picked up the vehicle they sent me the total so I could bring in a draft. It included the additional discount which was ~$4000 ish (not insignificant). So yes they honored it but not without some confusion :). They are a different kind of company because I had already agreed to pay the ~$4000 and put a deposit down to have the vehicle shipped. But good on them that was the right thing to do. If it's showing on your my Tesla page, my experience was they will honor it.

In my experience the discount was bigger than showed in the My Tesla page. That probably was only during a short window for the discontinued 90D and the price drop pairing. It might also start showing up if the old slower 75D cars stick around too long.

Thanks for the replies. The discount on my car is around 21k, so am quite happy with it already. Of course will take more drops if they give it to me, Tesla has been a very pleasant company to work with so far (very unlike prior car buying experiences)

Pics please
image2.JPG
image5.JPG
image1.JPG
image3.JPG

Reactions: Freedom101