Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite songs icon disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m still searching for an answer. All my favorite songs and favorites icon have disappeared. I hoped that after the recent download they might appear but they didn’t.
I restarted my screen, deleted and recreated my profile.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

If you deleted and recreated your profile then you probably lost any favorites you saved earlier. Is the Favorites icon missing from all media sources? Have you checked the larger media player viewer rather than the mini player? I don’t use the Favorites feature but I doubt it disappeared just for you.

Which software version do you have?

I don’t care about any lost favorite songs. I can recreate them in one place if I have a Favorites choice.

M not sure I understand the Q, ”Is the Favorites icon missing from all media sources? Have you checked the larger media player viewer rather than the mini player?” There is the screen and for music I select that icon. Any favorites selected since then show up as their own icons.

The software was downloaded this week and is V11.1 (2024.3.25 5aa7e6d 2826).

I don’t care about any lost favorite songs. I can recreate them in one place if I have a Favorites icon.

I’m not sure I understand the Q, ”Is the Favorites icon missing from all media sources? Have you checked the larger media player viewer rather than the mini player?” There is the screen and for music I select that icon. Any favorites selected since then show up as their own icons.

The software was downloaded this week and is V11.1 (2024.3.25 5aa7e6d 2826).

M not sure I understand the Q, ”Is the Favorites icon missing from all media sources? Have you checked the larger media player viewer rather than the mini player?” There is the screen and for music I select that icon. Any favorites selected since then show up as their own icons.
Let me clarify my question: you said earlier that the Favorites icon disappeared. I assumed you meant the star icon that you use to mark a favorite, is that right? Is it missing for all music sources you listen to, and is it missing in all media player views (there are different ones ranging in size, the mini player is the smallest).

No. The icon I’m referring to is the icon of the “Favorites” station or “radio station” just like the one for “My Parents Record Collection (all of which were the songs of my youth). That is the icon that’s gone.
The star to make it a favorite is still there. BTW - what does it mean when a song is starred and also gets a thumbs up?

No. The icon I’m referring to is the icon of the “Favorites” station or “radio station” just like the one for “My Parents Record Collection (all of which were the songs of my youth). That is the icon that’s gone.
The star to make it a favorite is still there. BTW - what does it mean when a song is starred and also gets a thumbs up?
The star marks the song as one of your favorites, which adds it to the Favorites station if everything is working as expected. The thumbs up/down icons are used to tell the streaming service you're using what you like or don't like, so they can adjust what they play for you.

So you're saying you don't see the Favorites link highlighted in the screen shot below?

IMG_7472.jpeg

I see the Faorites you circled. But until about a week ago there was an icon on the music screen that was called Favorites and that’s where I created a mix - country, top 40! Jazz, instrumental. Yhat icon disappeared and now I have icons of songs I ask for. But they go into different icons, not one all together.

Have you marked any songs as Favorites (using the star icon) since you deleted/recreated your driver profile?

By the way, I notice that the Easy Entry profile is selected in your screenshot. Is that the one you use for driving? It’s not typically used that way.