Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick, let's trademark Henry Automotive, Norton-Thevenin Motors, and Ohm Autos. Oh and let's not forget Laplace Transportation. And...

Because I can't resist piling on, you can add Boltzmann, Maxwell, Weber and Gauss ... though come to think about it, some of those are already taken by non-automotive companies.

Although I do think Gauss Jeans would be great ... his/her eyes will be magnetically drawn to your ... nope, won't finish that.

Looks like Faraday Future has lined up a factory site in Nevada, following Tesla's footsteps into the state:
First came Tesla; now North Las Vegas awaits its moment - Las Vegas Sun News

"About the same time, North Las Vegas officials got wind that Faraday Future was searching the country for an appropriate site to build its car factory, and all but chased down the company’s U.S. executives to get on their radar screen. Since then, the Faraday folks have checked out Apex and North Las Vegas and state officials have checked out Faraday, and everyone is giving thumbs up."

More on the location search:

In July, Faraday announced that Southern Nevada was one of four finalists competing for the company’s business. Since then, North Las Vegas Mayor John Lee and the Sandoval administration have been in confidential discussions with the company over the Apex facility in North Las Vegas, which could house such a factory.

Lawmakers and North Las Vegas officials visited company representatives in California last month.
"I won't speculate on a special session, but I can say this is a very special project with a economic impact projected to be the same size or larger than last year's deal with Tesla," said North Las Vegas Mayor John Lee.

Although local officials are hoping for a package of incentives similar to the $1.3 billion in tax breaks that lured Tesla to Northern Nevada last year, the outlines of a deal have been kept private, under nondisclosure agreements between Faraday and the city of North Las Vegas and the office of the governor.

Governor likely to call session for tax breaks to lure electric car company - Las Vegas Sun News

Even so, I don't believe in their 2017 launch date (well maybe they can publicly launch and show off their first car in 2017, but most likely not start selling until 2018-2020).

Quick, let's trademark Henry Automotive, Norton-Thevenin Motors, and Ohm Autos. Oh and let's not forget Laplace Transportation. And...

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Doug_G again."

Sad times :( I literally laughed out loud reading that.

I'll just add the obvious Volta Vehicles and Ampère Automobiles.

Does anyone have an overview, a list of new electric car companies in the U.S.?

Except for pure PR projects, the ones with more serious credentials are:

- Faraday Future
- Atieva - Atieva (used to be batteries, now plans for an EV)
- (New) Fisker/Elux (Chinese owners, but HQ is in the U.S.)
- NextEV (Chinese, but also some U.S. operations)
- Detroit Electric (doubtful and late, but I also included this company, in dubio pro reo)

I can't think of more names at the moment (that aren't pure PR only).

Last edited:

- Faraday Future
- Detroit Electric (doubtful and late, but I also included this company, in dubio pro reo)

Btw, (New) Fisker is now Karma Automotive...

Fisker Automotive changes name to Karma Automotive

Fisker Automotive changes name to Karma Automotive

Fisker Renamed to Karma Automotive - GTspirit

Renovo Motors | Drive the revolution

- Faraday Future

So a startup is going to sell you a lease to a basket of five vehicles.

They are going to have a service and sales distribution network with these vehicles conveniently stocked throughout the country and in enough quantities so I can get a sedan for the work week and get a pickup or convertible for the weekend. And keep track of any damage to vehicles and a dispute resolution system. And setup a fast charging network.

Jia Yueting net worth as of today is only $3.7B. And he is funding or partially funding two other electric car startups.

This project is going to be massively capital intensive.

=

In case you're interested, I can confirm that Detroit Electric are making good progress with development of their drivetrain and vehicle.

EDIT:

In fact no need to be all secretive: just found this. Great news! I live close to the plant so may see if I can swing by and see any activity or ask some questions.

Detroit Electric Finally Produces Car, Just Not in Detroit

Last edited:
I wonder when more info will be released about the Detroit Electric car. It has the same 0-60 time as a Roadster Sport, though I'm sure it offers many features not present in the Roadster. The idea of having a "6 speed manual transmission" in an EV seems bizarre.
That company faces huge obstacles going forward. I hope they make it.

I wonder when more info will be released about the Detroit Electric car. It has the same 0-60 time as a Roadster Sport, though I'm sure it offers many features not present in the Roadster. The idea of having a "6 speed manual transmission" in an EV seems bizarre.
That company faces huge obstacles going forward. I hope they make it.

Agreed. I'd like to know where they get/build their 140Wh/kg batteries as well, and obviously would like to know the price point. I'll go and snoop around in an hour or so, maybe I can tickle some info out of someone!

(if so I'll post it in the other thread I just started)