Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fairfax county tax assessment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any model 3 owners living in Fairfax, Va?
I have s SR+ 2019 model that I bought in March 2019 right when the SR+ was released. And last year my tax assessment was based on the sales price.
This year my assessed value is $625 higher than last year!

Obviously I will appeal the assessment. I suspect they do not do a proper breakout between LR/SR/MR etc. I was just wondering others are seeing in terms of their assessed value, maybe even in other counties in Va.

And for the rest of you, you can just giggle at our poor sob's that decided to buy model 3s in VA. Who knew my car would appreciate instead of depreciate?!

My tax assessment in Charlotte NC was exactly $100 less than my brand new car value - which includes the 1200 shipping cost.
I appealed and they brought it down by 3K, obviously my car has lost more than 6% of the value in 1 year, heck tesla has reduced the price by more than that in that interval. smh.

There's $150 for full electric vehicles, and a new $75 for full electric and hybrid vehicles. Total over $900 this year (less $102 for personalizations)!

FWIW, this is AFTER 3 different passed initiatives for "$30 tabs"!

Attachments

• WA Renewal fees.jpg
    WA Renewal fees.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 126