Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+ RWD - Build Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After many years of painfully taking care of my parents aging Hyundai Elantra, my brother and I decided it was time to get them in a Tesla. Both of us already have Tesla's and have had overall good experiences with them. My brother has a 2020 Model Y LR and I have my 2014 Model S85. On March 10th I picked up this 2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+ used with 47,710 miles on her. The price seemed right and she seems to be good so far. Showed up at the Owings Mills show room and was provided the keys and signed for it. Took less than 30 minutes. Easy enough. The model 3 really is the Honda civic of the Tesla family (a bit more noisy on the interior, and suspension seems harsh over bumps), and I hope the reliability is as such in the coming years. Hopefully my parents can just drive it and not have to worry about much. I will make sure they always have good tires (CrossClimate) on there at all times, and that should be about it. Also went ahead and purchased 1 year of premium connectivity just so we can use the live view, since they don't live in the best part of town. I hope over time I can share our experiences with the Model 3 with you all.

2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+ RWD
BB5vddj.jpg

EFSAL4n.jpg

OKbFADk.jpg

Miles: 47,710
Model: Model 3 Std Range Plus RWD
Model Year: 2019
Sale type: CPO
Refurb Status: Complete
Price: Sold
Market Avg: $33,433
Total price: Listed by Tesla at time of purchase = $30,500 (after tax and fees = 32,629.55)
Insurance cost: $454.93 (6 month premium)

VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX754
Made in: Fremont
Odometer: 47,660 mile
Number in MD: 3
Number in US: 334
Colour: Black
Interior: All Black Partial Premium
Wheels: 18 Aero Wheels
Autopilot: Basic Autopilot features
Seats: 5
Seller: Tesla
Location: Rockville MD (Inspected in Rockville, MD, picked up in Ownings Mills, MD)
Advertiser: Tesla
First listed: 28-Feb-2023
Last checked: 07-Mar-2023
Title: Clean title
Connectivity: 1-month Premium Connectivity/Standard connectivity
0-60mph: 5.3 s
EPA Range miles: 240
Factory gate date: 07-May-2019
First registered: 29-Jun-2019
CPO Warranty extension | Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty June 2023 / 50,000 total miles
Used Vehicle Limited Warranty Additional 1 year / 10,000 miles
Battery Warranty Years: 8
Battery and Drive Unit Limited Warranty June 2027 / 100,000 miles
Rear wheel drive
Pay per use Supercharging
Rear heated seats

=================================================

My old and other build threads:

My old and gone 2000 Honda S2000 (Glitter). Miss her.
xAgyex's 00 S2K Thread - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

My wife's old and gone 2006 Mazda RX8 (Marla 2). Miss her.
xAgyex's 06 RX8 Thread - RX8Club.com

My old work horse 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited (Big Bertha). So glad shes gone. I will never buy another Subaru.
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2005-lgt-build-thread-xagyex-244001.html

My 2014 Tesla Model S 85. Really enjoying her so far. Some costly bills but still fun to drive every day.
https://tinyurl.com/uja7fj55

Last edited:
Reactions: arrow7
Miles: 49,379

Finally had a chance to check out the rated miles when fully charged. At 100% SOC, it shoes 215 miles. As I have already driven it on a long road trip, I can say that I can get at least 150 miles from 90% SOC. So this car basically is the same as my 2014 MS85 now. This is crazy because the Model 3 battery size is 53.6 kWh, and the Model S85 shows 71 kWh as of today. So Model 3 is very efficient. Also on my road trip saw super charge speeds of over 130 kW.
Ebc0TcW.jpg

And fun fact, I was able to fit a twin bed box spring only in the Model 3 for transport. Both drive and passenger front seats where moved up really far, but was doable for me, since I am pretty short.
9rrsEXg.jpg

Also, my son loves playing all the games all the time now.
q7FKQM1.jpg

Purchased a few items for the Model 3. Installed a NEMA 14-50 outlet in my parents garage. Also had a service appointment to have them look the front suspension as driving over bumps seemed pretty harsh. But service center said it is normal.

Gen 2 NEMA 14-50 Adapters = $45
NEMA 14-50R Receptacle = $18.99
Samsung BAR Plus 256GB = $29.67
APPS2Car Magnetic Phone Mount = $19.07
Yooyatt Model 3 Mud Flaps = $12.71
Spurtar Car Floor Mats = $74.99
Car Windshield Sun Shade Covers Visors = $15.53
Luminous Handle Kit For Tesla Model 3 = $3.81
Car Trunk Elastic Mesh Fixed Straps = $7.48
total = $227.25
**Highly recommend you look on Facebook market place for many of these items as you can save a lot buying used. Such as the floor mats.

Miles: 49,703

Seeing some very good charging speeds for this SR+. Very impressive. It actually started at 145 kW then ramped up to 177 kW then slowly started dropping over time from there. I like the charging curve of this 2019 M3 SR+ for sure...much better than my old 2014 MS85.

bkPDUwJ.jpg

Also installed the mud flaps...super easy
E2jeofY.png

Front
0X50GuW.png

Rear1
y8qK6MD.png

Rear2
7f9llwm.png

Last edited:
Miles: 66,457
Had to share this epic trip from MD to CO. To go snowboarding at Breckenridge and Vail. I wanted to see if this old M3SR+ can do it, and it was a champ. AutoPilot worked great (Minus no auto lane change, which my MS85 has and it is nice not to have to engage AP over and over and over, just to change lanes). Trip was a bit costly since I used mostly Supercharging...
e4lCVob.png

Spent roughly $350 for the round trip. Not bad, but probably the same cost in an ICE vehicle.
kljgAFl.png

As you can see when traveling, I just like to jump from supercharger to supercharger...going from 60% to 10%. Sometimes I charge up to 80% and get below 10%, but that is rare.
aTDQDPe.png

anPu1ZM.png

Before leaving I replaced the sway bar end links as the car had a lot of clunking noise when going over bumps. I also looked into adding grease into the upper control arms, but I did not end up doing that as the sway bar end links solved the majority of the clunking noise. I drove to the Tesla Service center and picked up 2 front sway bar end links for around $116 total.

-My old link on the left in the image below was completely worn out and could easily move with a little push. The new one on the right was very stiff and hard to move.

Parts:
Front Stabilizer Link Assembly - Right - 1188396-00-B = $55
Front Stabilizer Link Assembly - Left - 1188391-00-B = $55

5hdejXG.jpg

-I removed the front part of the front under tray, because I was lazy. Then I positioned the 18mm socket (used an impact to get it off), and to install used T40 hex bit and 18mm wrench.
HJrGflu.jpg

Front Driver Top
BPhl8wr.jpg

Front Driver Bottom
D0USPP0.jpg

Front Passenger Top
idzxF1i.jpg

Front Passenger Bottom
4JRBQEu.jpg

-While rotating the tires, I figured I check out the rear rotors, suspension, and rear motor...
Part: 1120980-00-F
m8f6Izu.jpg

ricpdE9.jpg

T7A4nHb.jpg

Bf9Ke0i.jpg

-Tires are 235/45R18 98W Michelin Primacy MXM4 from the 26th week of 2022 and were all at 8/32. Overall, very impressed with these tires. Did well on light snow and ice. Did amazing in the dry and rain. Noisy as most tires, but nothing too crazy.
mrzoIU2.jpg

eKjU2q2.jpg

1KHhGiu.jpg

OYvBRS8.jpg

-The one big issue with the tires were the fact that the rear passenger tire foam came loose when I was over 800 miles from home...making the car shake like the tire was out of balance...very unsettling when you are far from home. But made it home and had my tire guy remove the foam. I only had him check the rear passenger, and will have the rest checked when i replace the tires soon...Switching to CrossClimate. Not a fan of these foam tires. I have seen almost no benefit for having them over the years on my other cars.
hSnnTZi.jpg

WhwtpcC.jpg

-Also, cut out some window shades (Reflectix insulation) for privacy when sleeping in the car. I slept each night for about 4 to 6 hours. It was super nice and comfy. Used an Amazon twin memory foam mattress.
jqFjn5w.jpg

-Lastly, upon arrive at the airbnb I was staying at in CO, just ran extension cord to normal 3 prong outlet and went from 33% to 100% in 1 day. I am very pleased with the 3 prong outlet charging. For M3SR+ it seems to charge pretty fast with it.
x06aYtb.jpg

I am very impressed with M3SR+ and will be more than happy to recommend it to any one looking to buy a Tesla.

Reactions: B.K. and tm1v2
Current mileage: 66,655

Rear glass cracked. I had no idea, until my son got in the car today and said "Hey Dad, is that a crack?"...and well dang, there is a huge crack. Looked and seems maybe a rock hit the roof. This most likely happened yesterday. So after thousands of miles, we get a crack basically while parked in front of my garage. I am so confused as to how it happened. Lets see what Service will say...and the cost =/

Star crack pattern, so probably some road debris/rock hit it.
Vc8EsvI.jpg

Crack located on rear passenger roof very close to the door.
qCCV0fW.jpg

Looks like a stress fracture also, search this forum for glass stress crack, but I believe it was the top of the front windshield.

My March 2019 SR+ with 46,500 miles no issues other then it lost power steering but after placing it on Park, it has been fine since and that was October 2023.

Reactions: xAgyex