Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Tour for Hawaii customers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tour today was awesome..got to see the presses..cool robots...cool humans..and the final test drive areas..just missed seeing a right hand drive car being tested. And the newest "attraction" ...drum roll...the model X production area!...completely blocked off by big plastic sheets of course so you can't see in..lol..tour guide said they just put the sheets up last week.

One of the guys on the tour drove from New Jersey!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 205
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    821.9 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    977.5 KB · Views: 184
LOL - so is Elon our Borg King?

Elon would be Hugh in Borg world. Hugh was their independent thinker and a leader.

- - - Updated - - -

Awwww, man!!! I'm so jealous. It really sucks that we couldn't get our tour together with TMC connect. Oh well. Gotta make it out to Cali again I guess...

Wow, new assemble line for X? Shucks that means it going to be worth waiting until the fall to get a larger tour that includes both S and X. Same cheap tour ticket too, huh?

Aloha kakou!

Not local currently but transplants living in the SF east bay area chasing the buck until we can retire and hopefully move back home to Oahu. Have been visiting this TMC site for the past year reading, learning and working towards a Tesla purchase but this "Hawaii" sub forum, as expected seems to maintain aloha spirit while others can unfortunately become somewhat toxic.

Was fortunate to take delivery of our S85 this past Saturday and had opportunity to take the tour right afterwards- just AMAZING! I visit manufacturing plants for my work but definitely more special and fun when seeing something personal to you being made!

At the end of the tour, they invited owners to feel free to schedule return factory visits as you wish and invited us to bring non owner guests! Being only ~25 miles from the factory, I definitely plan to go back again as there was so much to see and certainly missed things zooming on the tram. I mentioned this to a few friends and already have a line forming to going with me.

Hoping the car lasts us long enough for us to one day be driving amongst you folks :)

A hui hou!
enrico

photo 1 (2).JPG

Aloha kakou!

Not local currently but transplants living in the SF east bay area chasing the buck until we can retire and hopefully move back home to Oahu. Have been visiting this TMC site for the past year reading, learning and working towards a Tesla purchase but this "Hawaii" sub forum, as expected seems to maintain aloha spirit while others can unfortunately become somewhat toxic.

Was fortunate to take delivery of our S85 this past Saturday and had opportunity to take the tour right afterwards- just AMAZING! I visit manufacturing plants for my work but definitely more special and fun when seeing something personal to you being made!

At the end of the tour, they invited owners to feel free to schedule return factory visits as you wish and invited us to bring non owner guests! Being only ~25 miles from the factory, I definitely plan to go back again as there was so much to see and certainly missed things zooming on the tram. I mentioned this to a few friends and already have a line forming to going with me.

Hoping the car lasts us long enough for us to one day be driving amongst you folks :)

A hui hou!
enrico

Wow, IMO this is the nicest comments concerning Hawaii owners that we have received on any Tesla forum. So, Mahalo nui loa.

So you just took delivery have a year of getting to that point. Please, sincerely, we would enjoy hearing what you choose and what you think of the MS. Yes, of course, we know from our own experiences, but one of our biggest non-driving thrills is to hear someone else gush over their own car. So, please - have at it. :biggrin:

Aloha kakou!

Not local currently but transplants living in the SF east bay area chasing the buck until we can retire and hopefully move back home to Oahu. Have been visiting this TMC site for the past year reading, learning and working towards a Tesla purchase but this "Hawaii" sub forum, as expected seems to maintain aloha spirit while others can unfortunately become somewhat toxic.QUOTE]

If you're ever visiting Oahu and there's a meet-up planned during your stay, you're more than welcome to join us! Am sure you'll be missing your MS and hating driving an ICE rental car :)

Welcome to our little niche of the TMC forums. Yes, we think we're nicer than the "others" as well. :D

Like Akikiki said, we love hearing about newcomers' excitement about their cars. Please let us know how things are going!!

Wow, IMO this is the nicest comments concerning Hawaii owners that we have received on any Tesla forum. So, Mahalo nui loa.
So you just took delivery have a year of getting to that point. Please, sincerely, we would enjoy hearing what you choose and what you think of the MS. Yes, of course, we know from our own experiences, but one of our biggest non-driving thrills is to hear someone else gush over their own car. So, please - have at it.
If you're ever visiting Oahu and there's a meet-up planned during your stay, you're more than welcome to join us! Am sure you'll be missing your MS and hating driving an ICE rental car

Welcome to our little niche of the TMC forums. Yes, we think we're nicer than the "others" as well.
Like Akikiki said, we love hearing about newcomers' excitement about their cars. Please let us know how things are going!!
Happy Thanksgiving all! Mahalos for the warm welcome and invite! We typically go back at least once a year in August but will definitely check the forum bulletins for any planned meetups when in town!

It was actually a Leaf rental which increased awareness for us on the benefit of an electric vehicle when we got a really cheap rental rate on one when back home AUG 13'. Not having to pay for gas was a plus but the bigger pic items, i.e. enviromental concerns and not contributing to the evils of big oil also became more apparent.

Didnt know much about Tesla and the Model S despite living only ~20 miles from the factory in Fremont. The ones I saw on the roads here looked great but heard they cost over $100K which was way more than I would ever want to spend for a car. Wasn't even in the market for any new car last year but was open to learning more about electric cars so found ourselves "dropping by" by the factory showroom one weekend to check out a Model S.

We thought it would be a quick 20-30 minute visit but it turned into a couple hours of oogling, learning of the car and opportunity to test drive. I dont consider myself "a car guy" but within those two hours found myself totally enamoured by the Model S design, engineering, functionality, Teslas business model and game changing impact to the industry and environment.

I was sold on it and my wife also liked the car but cost was a big hurdle. I wanted to get one on order that day but she's always been the rational half- thank goodness or we'd likley be destitute out on the streets without her providing balance to some of my impulsive purchase whims.

So, from back in SEP 13', I had been working on the persuasive arguments, sales presentations (throw in some whining and shameless begging) to obtain the buy in that we NEEDED a Model S. I was maintaining close contact with a Tesla Owner Advisor to obtain availability of discounted inventory cars on a monthly basis with hopes that I could catch her in an impulsive purchase mood.

After ~14 months, prospect of ownership was looking bleak but last month my Owner Advisor called me and let me know of some inventory/service demo units being released for sale. As these were 85 kwh, non P or D units, no auto pilot hardware they applied a very attractive showroom discount from list price which would hopefully help the cause.

Fortunately, this was enough incentive to be able to gain my wifes concensus to check out an available "clearance unit" located at the Fremont plant. The Owner Advisor made it even easier by driving it over to our house to be able to inspect and test drive it. It really helped the sales push for my wife to see it in our driveway! Although it had 6900 miles on it, it still looked factory fresh. The following day, we intiated the docs to purchase.

Its been almost a week of owning it and have to pinch myself each time I go into the garage and see that lustrous black Model S parked there :)

In keeping with thread topic of the "factory tour", here's a view of the Fremont factory from ~2500 feet taken during my mt bike ride up Mission Peak today:

IMG_4068.JPG

Last edited:
Although it had 6900 miles on it, it still looked factory fresh. The following day, we intiated the docs to purchase.

Its been almost a week of owning it and have to pinch myself each time I go into the garage and see that lusterous black Model S parked there :)

In keeping with thread topic of the "factory tour", here's a view of the Fremont factory from ~2500 feet taken during my mt bike ride up Mission Peak today:

View attachment 64688

Great story. Great picture of Sector 0001 too. Don't give another thought to those miles. Many new owners have that on the car in the first three weeks. In case you are wondering, the "pitch me, I'm dreaming" about it sitting in the garage, never gets old. I am approaching two years with a MS, and its still love and the honeymoon. Let me know when you fall into the habit of just going out and sitting in the MS for a couple hours at night - in the dark, - listening to silence.

My story is a little shorter. Mine when something like this. ME LIKE. ME WANT. That night I put my deposit down. And the first time I drove one was when I picked mine up at the SC.

Now, tell us about the features and color of your car. What's the car's name? What was the first song she played?

Great story AlohaTes1a! And cool pic! I'm in the Bay Area right now and heading to Palo Alto later today to demo ride a P85D...am sure will be in the same boat you were in but trying to figure out how to upgrade....

My story is a little shorter. Mine when something like this. ME LIKE. ME WANT. That night I put my deposit down. And the first time I drove one was when I picked mine up at the SC.

Now, tell us about the features and color of your car. What's the car's name? What was the first song she played?

Lol! " ME LIKE. ME WANT" would have been my same approach back in the day. I made a big purchase without conscensus shortly after getting married and didnt enjoy my stay in the dog house, lickin' my wounds ;) Learned that the "Happy wife, happy life" saying were words to live by!

My daughter got to pick the first satellite station and the Beatles "Love me do" got us rolling out of the factory lot.

Build is fairly spartan:

85 Kwh
Black solid paint
Pano roof
19" wheels/ Michelin Primacy
Black nappa leather
Obeche gloss decor
Matching yacht floor
Single charger
Tech pkg
Std suspension
Parking sensors

I'm good with the black although it wasnt my first choice of color but beggars cant be choosers! If ordering from scratch would have gone grey or MC white just for the easy of maintenance factor. My daughter thinks black and all the other colors I had in mind are boring- her preference would have been a red or blue :)

IMG_4042.JPG
IMG_4040.JPG
IMG_4035.JPG

Last edited:
Great story AlohaTes1a! And cool pic! I'm in the Bay Area right now and heading to Palo Alto later today to demo ride a P85D...am sure will be in the same boat you were in but trying to figure out how to upgrade....

Enjoy the rocket ride demo- good luck w/ the upgrade decision/choices! Thanks also for bringing the Hawaii weather to the bay area this week!

Heading over the hill to Santa Cruz with our house guests. No Tesla today- trying to minimize road time until we have
paint correction/opti coat/xpel applied next weekend. The roads here have so much debris from all the gravel/construction hopper trucks - have already incurred a few pin point paint chips this past week :(

Last edited:
[FONT=&amp]Tried to schedule a factory tour for when I visit the Bay Area during Christmas....Here's the response I got: :crying:

"Due to high demand for tours over the holidays, we are already fully booked through the end of the year. "[/FONT]