Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Exterior windshield black frame gets hot (not from sun)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my MYLR on Tuesday 6/27.
Today I was cleaning the front windshield and noticed on the (exterior) passenger side edge (the black frame) was very hot in several places. I checked the drivers side and it was cool. I checked it again 5 minutes later and it was cool like the other side.
*The car has been parked in the cool garage since the night before.
Has anyone else noticed this or knows what it could be from? I searched around and did not find anything about it.
Thanks

Thanks for the informative replies vs another website with posts like "of course the windshield on the black strip will be hot due to the sun"....okay...I rebooted the car...and left the car on for five minutes....yup...the right side was significantly warmer to hotter than the rest of the windshield. Hopefully, over time this heating and cooling won't cause thermal stress on the windshield. I won't worry about it but nice to know why. Again...thanks for informative replies.

Thanks for the informative replies vs another website with posts like "of course the windshield on the black strip will be hot due to the sun"....okay...I rebooted the car...and left the car on for five minutes....yup...the right side was significantly warmer to hotter than the rest of the windshield. Hopefully, over time this heating and cooling won't cause thermal stress on the windshield. I won't worry about it but nice to know why. Again...thanks for informative replies.
I would schedule a service appt if it's not too much hassle. If it's heating when it really doesn't need to then it's a problem. Better to get it fixed under warranty than to wait and possibly be out big $$ later on. Maybe it's doing what it's designed to do. Let the SC give you paperwork to that effect to cover you.