Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experience with lemon lawyers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, my MXP. I got it.. 3 months ago? It's been to the shop 5-6 times, mostly for falcon wing doors and random trim/panels/etc. But other issues are killing me too:
  • Last week the cruise control & autosteer died, I set a service appt, then it came back online the next day. They said not to bother with service cause they won't reproduce.
  • Has the "front end shaking for the first mile" issue it seems like all MXs have
  • Random annoyances, like auto-window-rollup finds a ghost obstruction maybe 10% of the time, driver's door developed a rattle, sentry mode stays on at home despite the checkbox saying to keep it off at home, navigation will sometimes recalculate constantly (see my other thread)
  • Doesn't recognize phone key like 20% of the time (my model 3 never has this issue). It left my wife stranded in a parking lot when it decided not to recognize her phone anymore randomly (it recognized it well enough when she drove there!!!!)
For what it's worth my local SC (Gilroy) has been really great! But these kinds of issues are very very tough to diagnose when you can't reliably replicate them.

I'm kind of over it for the price of the thing. I sent over all the info to a lemon lawyer specializing in Tesla, who says he likes the case. What do you think: stick it out, go lemon, or something else?

Reactions: jiehan
If it makes you feel better, my lemoned Model X had "every" issue imaginable, but it never had front end shaking at all. You can flat out ask Tesla to buy back the car instead of using an attorney. It took me 7 months to get a buy back offer from Tesla trying it myself, then through an attorney, through the state AG's office, and then myself again.

Reactions: jiehan and ent3ndu
Several years ago, I processed a BBB claim on a new corvette I had purchased. The next morning I got a call from GM corporate offering to buy the car back or get a new car under the lemon law framework. Worked for me, perhaps give that a try?

Reactions: baguette
So, my MXP. I got it.. 3 months ago? It's been to the shop 5-6 times, mostly for falcon wing doors and random trim/panels/etc. But other issues are killing me too:
  • Last week the cruise control & autosteer died, I set a service appt, then it came back online the next day. They said not to bother with service cause they won't reproduce.
  • Has the "front end shaking for the first mile" issue it seems like all MXs have
  • Random annoyances, like auto-window-rollup finds a ghost obstruction maybe 10% of the time, driver's door developed a rattle, sentry mode stays on at home despite the checkbox saying to keep it off at home, navigation will sometimes recalculate constantly (see my other thread)
  • Doesn't recognize phone key like 20% of the time (my model 3 never has this issue). It left my wife stranded in a parking lot when it decided not to recognize her phone anymore randomly (it recognized it well enough when she drove there!!!!)
For what it's worth my local SC (Gilroy) has been really great! But these kinds of issues are very very tough to diagnose when you can't reliably replicate them.

I'm kind of over it for the price of the thing. I sent over all the info to a lemon lawyer specializing in Tesla, who says he likes the case. What do you think: stick it out, go lemon, or something else?

Just curious if you opted of binding arbitration within 30 days of purchase?

Dealing with a string of issues, especially when they seem to pop up unpredictably, can really test your patience.

Considering your experiences and the fact that you've consulted a lemon lawyer specializing in Tesla, it might be worth exploring your options. If they think your case has merit, it's a step in the right direction. Your local service center seems to be doing their best, but these issues are indeed tricky to diagnose.

Dealing with a string of issues, especially when they seem to pop up unpredictably, can really test your patience.

Considering your experiences and the fact that you've consulted a lemon lawyer specializing in Tesla, it might be worth exploring your options. If they think your case has merit, it's a step in the right direction. Your local service center seems to be doing their best, but these issues are indeed tricky to diagnose.
And hey, if you ever need advice on legal matters beyond lemon law, don't hesitate to reach out to insolvency litigation experts. They can be a valuable resource for a wide range of legal concerns.