Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Expanding UK Supercharger sites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it appears that in addition to the existing Calais supercharger site (which has 2 bays live as well as planned space for 4 more), an entirely new SC site is being installed inside the Calais Eurotunnel Terminal, with 4 SC bays (and 2 x DBT chargers).

I've also seen a photo of some groundworks in the car park at the Folkestone Eurotunnel Terminal but they don't look like they're for a supercharger (or any kind of charger) to me. There are no cable ducts for a start.

The guy who runs supercharge.info has updated the pin to be on the Calais side, not Folkestone.

We'll wait and see what those groundworks in Folkestone actually turn out to be!

Stopped off at the Oxford SpC site today. 6 stalls, and the site had 3 100kWh power packs.
I do have (fairly poor) picture's that I'll upload shortly. Looked pretty close to completion to me, although I've never followed an SpC's progress so I have no idea.

Pictures from Oxford:
2015-07-02 13.59.25.jpg
2015-07-02 13.58.39.jpg
2015-07-02 13.58.23.jpg

On second thought, those don't look like 100kWh power packs, do they?

Sorry about the poor angles and quality, only my front-facing camera is working on my phone.

Last edited:
Pictures from Oxford:

On second thought, those don't look like 100kWh power packs, do they?

Sorry about the poor angles and quality, only my front-facing camera is working on my phone.

How freakishly tall are you?:wink:

To avoid ICEing I would like to see more pull in forwards stalls, because an ICEr would feel more conspicuous pulling in between 2 tall SCs. However, these stalls are around the side of the building I believe so less prone to ICEing.

No, those are just the SuperChargers. No packs.

Of course, this should have been obvious. Powerpacks would be a very big surprise here. I'm no owner though so I don't spend much time at/around superchargers (in fact this is only the 3rd I've ever seen).

How freakishly tall are you?:wink:

To avoid ICEing I would like to see more pull in forwards stalls, because an ICEr would feel more conspicuous pulling in between 2 tall SCs. However, these stalls are around the side of the building I believe so less prone to ICEing.

Well I've never been turned away from a rollorcoaster for being too tall, and luckily there's no limit on how long your arms can be!

This is also near the camper-van section, right to the very back of the carpark, so any car would have to drive through the whole parking area and almost up to the exit before even seeing these. Seems pretty safe from ICEers to me.