Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVs and the Zero Emissions claim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Razumny - as I have read through your comments - you seem to be arguing that no matter what, there will always be emission so we can never say zero emission. Perhaps this is technically correct but what most are indicating in this thread is that is not the intent of the phrase "zero emision vehicle." We understand it to mean zero emissions when using the vehicle for its intended purposes.

If you are really serious about your definition, we should stop talking about this topic to prevent exhaling - humans are not zero emission. :wink:

We should just say "partial zero emissions", making it clear that the emissions are partially zero, and partially non-zero. Or something. It must make sense, CARB came up with it. ;-)

The dictionary makes no judgement as to the lasting nature of emissions. Physics tell us that energy can never disappear, it can only change form. In this case, from power (however it is generated) to emissions. These emissions do not magically disappear; they are still there. To discount upstream emissions because they happened in the past is like saying past experience does not matter when hiring a new employee.

I am not discounting them, but neither do I mislabel them as you are.

Let me ask you, does your refrigerator emit any radiation?