Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVGo Adding Tesla Connectors to their Chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I paid 31 cents /kWh at the Supercharger in Corte Madera, CA and there was a waiting line to charge, so I would consider using EVgo to avoid the wait - especially with the AAA EVgo discount...

I also signed up for evgo using AAA discount. Got free "premium" status or whatever (basically no monthly fee) and ChargePoint and EVconnect are roaming partners so you can use your evgo RFID card on those other two networks.

Have tested both with Jplugs and worked fairly well... (the City owned lots next to me are all ChargePoints)

I downloaded the EVconnect and ChargePoint apps and have active logins for them in case I ever need them.

I have it on good authority that this new EVgo deployment is merely a repackaged Tesla CHAdeMO adapter bolted to the side of the station with a Tesla cable fitted. The CHAdeMO plug must be plugged into the box on the side of the charger in order for it to work. Therefore, it is subject to the same 125A limitation as a genuine Tesla CHAdeMO adapter.

519404.jpg

Photo from Plugshare. Whole Foods, Market St. SF.

I have it on good authority that this new EVgo deployment is merely a repackaged Tesla CHAdeMO adapter bolted to the side of the station with a Tesla cable fitted. The CHAdeMO plug must be plugged into the box on the side of the charger in order for it to work. Therefore, it is subject to the same 125A limitation as a genuine Tesla CHAdeMO adapter.
Well that's disappointing. So no deep involvement by Tesla besides supplying the Chademo adapters and cables with Tesla plug.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset