Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach e GT charging at California Tesla supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed a good mix here in Vegas (open to NACS, not open to NACS). There is a very busy 8 stall close to me that isn't open to Fords and another 20 stall a little further away that is open. The 20 stall is also designed in a way, I think Ford owners can charge without always having to take two spots.

Being someone who charges both our vehicles (MYLR and Lightning) at home, I am not so concerned about chargers around town. I am VERY happy to see many options for road trips. For me... When I'm on a trip in the Lightning, I will probably still start with trying for EA (or similar) chargers, but if they don't work (which 100% will be the case sometimes), the Tesla chargers are a great safety net.

All that being said, when we are on a trip in our MYLR and I run into a charging stop that has a super long line because multiple spaces are taken by non-Teslas, I will be irritated. Will I be a d*** about it? No.

EA can easily be double the price if not more because I believe they have a flat rate of $0.56/kW rate nationwide. So I think people will be more apt to use the Tesla superchargers over EA unless they still have some free charging from the manufacturer.

EA can easily be double the price if not more because I believe they have a flat rate of $0.56/kW rate nationwide. So I think people will be more apt to use the Tesla superchargers over EA unless they still have some free charging from the manufacturer.
I think (100% could be wrong) the member EA price on my last trip was $0.43/kW. Two charges and the membership was covered for the month.

This is going to make tesla owners who are waiting for a spot very upset.
The old Elon seemed to care. The new Elon is probably amused. BTW, rumor has it Ford drivers are being told to park across two spaces to make it obvious that the space to the left is useless for a Tesla. Sure am glad I seldom Supercharge. Bring snacks when you Supercharge to watch the inevitable fisticuffs.

Last edited:
The old Elon seemed to care. The new Elon is probably amused. BTW, rumor has it Ford drivers are being told to park across two spaces to make it obvious that the space to the left is useless for a Tesla. Sure am glad I seldom Supercharge. Bring snacks when you Supercharge to watch the inevitable fisticuffs.
Actually.... this is the guidance from Tesla.

1709355659375.png

source: Tesla Blesses Fords At Superchargers Using Up Two Or Three Spaces

What tesla also needs to do is tell ppl that IF it’s available and accessible, park on the OTHER side of the SC.. so not in the truly designated spaces, but on the OTHER side. That way it only uses the ONE SC that is in use, and not park across TWO parking space and boxing out essentially both SC for Tesla or other non tesla EV.

There are a lot of SC that are setup this way with SC parking on one side and non EV parking on the OTHER side. A ford could very easily and effectively park top down from on that top left stall and charge easily - assuming it’s not SCs all along an outer perimeter.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisInVegas
This makes me wonder if Tesla is shifting their charging priorities from current Tesla owners to non Tesla EV owners. Tesla already has our $ from the vehicle purchase, but new non Tesla EV owners are paying either a membership fee or higher charging rate. A new expected revenue stream of $10 billion annually is a big deal for any company. It would make sense to cater to this new high volume high profit demographic.

The extension cords from Tesla and other companies will help with the parking problem, but I don't know how many average (non enthusiast) ev owners will be willing to shell out $300 - $700 for one.

This makes me wonder if Tesla is shifting their charging priorities from current Tesla owners to non Tesla EV owners. Tesla already has our $ from the vehicle purchase, but new non Tesla EV owners are paying either a membership fee or higher charging rate. A new expected revenue stream of $10 billion annually is a big deal for any company. It would make sense to cater to this new high volume high profit demographic.

The extension cords from Tesla and other companies will help with the parking problem, but I don't know how many average (non enthusiast) ev owners will be willing to shell out $300 - $700 for one.
Unless they crack down on people hogging spaces and essentially require you to buy a cord for certain cars.