Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVAAM Model S Wheel Rim Protectors? Any good?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a Model S that's now a few years old (2016 model). Still doing great, but have been looking for some wheel caps to freshen up the look and hide/protect some of the wear and tear.

I could not find wheel caps for my Model S, but just found this (Rim Protector):

EVAAM® Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Protector For Tesla All Models (4 PCS) (2012-2023)

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for your feedback!

1692986020184.png

I own a Model S that's now a few years old (2016 model). Still doing great, but have been looking for some wheel caps to freshen up the look and hide/protect some of the wear and tear.

I could not find wheel caps for my Model S, but just found this (Rim Protector):

EVAAM® Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Protector For Tesla All Models (4 PCS) (2012-2023)

View attachment 968169
Hi @singleview
I took delivery of a set of these (in black) just last week. One day later 'someone' kerbed one of my 6 week old uberturbines!!! So I really need to get the time and weather to give these a go. I bought the 5 pack, so there is one spare should the mystery driver strike again!

Worth noting that my preference was for Alloygators so I bought a set and went to the local centre for fitting. They had to inform me that the combination of Uberturbine wheela and Pirelli tire would not allow them to fit and guarantee. So i got a refund and went back to the drawing board.

I'm not a fan of the Magbak option (too many pieces and changes the look of the wheel). And the Rimsavers look too flimsy. So I discounted both.

I then found the above product on Teslaunch. I placed an order but also dropped them a message to confirm that whilst their website states 'fits all Teslas', they do indeed work on the Uberturbine. To their credit the technical dep't came back to me next day saying they do not work on that wheel.

I then find EVAAM selling what appears to be exactly the same product. Again, I asked them for confirmation and they assured me these work fine on my wheels. I'm dubious and £160 (GBP) is a lot of money to spend on something that 'might' work. However I decided there was little other option so have gone for it. I like the fact these are on piece so will look better, and that they are aluminium so 'should' take any scuffs better than the plastic alternatives (other than Alloygator). Main concern right now is will they fit on, and will they stay on? I really don't want one of these spinning off the wheel at 75mph!

Anyway, that's the long story and I'll provide an update once I've got them in place. Oh and Tesla, please stop providing cars with unnecessarily protruding wheels whilst also binning-off USS!!!

@MidBaz. Like I said I've used the ones I posted and have even been able to remove them when new tires are required by just replacing the 2 sided tape. Your choice, I just wanted to give you a option.
Hi @Tidickerson, that's the point I was trying to make. Maybe was a bit clunky in my wording. If the ones you are using are just stuck on with 3M only but stay on, then the ones I've received should be even more secure as they also lip around the edge a little. Only time will tell of course but if they don't stay securely fixed then look out for more UFO sightings as 21" Alloy Rings are spotted flying through countryside at great speed!

View attachment 968169
You have probably sorted something out by now but if not you may be interested in a new product from Teslaunch. I believe a 21" version is in production, to be released end of November. All-in-one Rimcase Rim Protector for Tesla Model Y 20'' Induction Wheel

Reactions: singleview