Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-Offer power frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an update, I was able to successfully switch the battery and ground wires into their proper/intended slots on the main connector.

Removing the orange cover was extremely easy, just as Raymond demonstrated in his video from the above post.

Removing the wires from their current pin locations was a tad more challenging but still fairly easy. An important tip that Raymond did not mention was, when you slide the needle nose tweezer into the slot, you also need to apply some downward pressure on the metal pin as you slide the tip of the tweezer into the slot. This will help wedge the tip of your tweezer between the metal pin and the hidden release tab that is deep in the slot hole. Then, push & lift the tweezer tip in an upward motion to release the tab, as described by Raymond in his video. You cannot hear or see anything that tells you the tab has been released. It’s kind of a very subtle feel and you’re never really sure if you have released the internal tab. Just pull on the wire (you’ll need to give it a good tug) to see if it will slide out of the slot. You might have to give it a few tries (insert, slide and lift the tweezer) to get the tab to release, but eventually it will release.

By the way, I just messaged Raymond at EVOffer and he said they will send replacement wiring harnesses to anyone who received a “bad” harness (with the battery & ground wires switched out of their normal/intended locations) and are not comfortable making the correction/switch themselves.
For affected customers who made the swap themselves (like me), Raymond is offering to extend the warranty from 1 to 2 years at no cost. This is great customer service, folks. Well done, Raymond! I retract my initial language & concern about buying this frunk kit from EVOffer!

And now for some photos, so you know I’m not some bot created by an AI like ChatGPT! 🤣

Orange cover removed from the main connector:
IMG_7101.jpeg

One of the wires (ground) successfully removed from the main connector:
IMG_7102.jpeg

All wiring & connectors re-assembled and zip-tied for a clean install:
IMG_7104.jpeg

Everything reassembled except top cover, to show the normal red blinking light on the EVOffer ECU:
IMG_7106.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a clarification about the extended warranty I received from EVOffer as a courtesy. You won’t get the extension automatically, but have to request it (and have gone through the hassle of making the correction/wire swap yourself). Appears there were only a few of these version 5.2 frunk kits that were shipped with the bad wiring harness (with the switched battery and ground wires) and even fewer cases where the customer with the affected wiring harness actually decided to make the correction/swap on their own. So, we are probably talking about just a few individuals who are in this particular situation (have a bad wiring harness and made the correction themselves) to request this extended warranty. If EVOffer sent you a replacement wiring harness, then they probably won’t agree to also extend your warranty.

Last edited:
Anyone had any drama with the power frunk opening in the new kits? I’ve recently installed a kit in both a 3 and a Y (different ECU versions) and they both seem to really ‘spring’ open, then slow right down to the speed selected. Closing is completely fine.
My 2021 kit has been flawless.

Last edited:
I have the same issue, but seems like mine is the mark 6. Connected everything and no power to the unit. It initially powered up but didn’t initiate properly, no clue what’s going one.

Attachments

• IMG_3069.jpeg
    IMG_3069.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 31
Finally got it working. Unplugged everything and plugged back in. Saw red light blink on ECU, pressed twice to reset (how this somewhere?) and frunk motors finally worked. Then it wouldn’t latch, had to fiddle with lock plates and miraculously started working. Overall install took 6 hours :eek:. At least my frunk opens and closes properly now! Phew.

Reactions: Leeroy
Looking for the best discount code for EVoffer power frunk. Anything better than 5%?

BTW, the EVoffer web site says that a 2023 MY may need the "Variant B". I sent their support a message on Facebook Messenger and they replied asking for a picture of the lower part of the stock strut. I sent it to them and they said Variant A will work. I guess some 2023 MY have a different strut connector to the car.

PS. know some of you sed Whatsapp to contact their support. They no longer do that. Its only FB Messenger and Telegram.

Looking for the best discount code for EVoffer power frunk. Anything better than 5%?

BTW, the EVoffer web site says that a 2023 MY may need the "Variant B". I sent their support a message on Facebook Messenger and they replied asking for a picture of the lower part of the stock strut. I sent it to them and they said Variant A will work. I guess some 2023 MY have a different strut connector to the car.

PS. know some of you sed Whatsapp to contact their support. They no longer do that. Its only FB Messenger and Telegram.
Mind sharing what you were able to find for a discount?