Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Hank, do the Hidden CPO's trigger alerts too? If not it would be cool to add alerts for them as well as create a history of Hidden CPO list.

Thanks, love the site!

Thanks for your feedback! Hidden cars always arrive into the system as a listed/non-hidden car, and yes, at that point, alerts are triggered as normal. Hidden cars are created when they still appear "for sale" (they have a listing page with a "buy now" button) but are no longer listed on the Tesla website, so the action of being hidden from the viewable list does not trigger an alert. There's no way for a car to suddenly appear on the "hidden" list without being listed first. And yes, the hidden cars, when sold or no longer available are moved to the History list.

there have been reports here of the dash fitment not being the same, screen being crooked after putting it back in, trip data getting erased. all things i would have expected from taking a dash apart and putting it back together. it's rarely the same afterwards on any car, let alone a model S. simply not worth the risk, no matter how low.

I think there have been a couple isolated reports of issues, which also were promptly resolved at the service center.

I had the LTE upgrade done on my early vin (15xxx) P85+ without a single issue or problem. Lots of people have had it done without any issues, but they generally don't post if there is a problem, only those with issues do, so that skews the perception that it's a systemic problem with the LTE upgrade.

The LTE access and speed for the nav and map redraws is phenomenally better, and well worth the miniscule perceived "risk" that there might be a resolvable issue during retrofit.

You make it sound like the LTE retrofit will brick your car ("the sky is falling!"). That couldn't be further from the truth.

Check your IP address, then see who is the provider for that IP address (i.e. if AT&T, Verzion, etc. then you are not going through a VPN for browsing). I would be surprised if Tesla sends just regular browsing traffic through a VPN. That would be a waste of bandwidth and server resources on their part.

Car functions/updates, totally different ball of wax.

Check your IP address, then see who is the provider for that IP address (i.e. if AT&T, Verzion, etc. then you are not going through a VPN for browsing). I would be surprised if Tesla sends just regular browsing traffic through a VPN. That would be a waste of bandwidth and server resources on their part.

Car functions/updates, totally different ball of wax.

It's Jasper Technologies VPN (now Cisco).

I don't think I did that all. I said there were more than zero issues. Zero is my comfort level and experience has told me that taking a dash apart is always risky. Better to leave it factory installed.

Did tesla restore the lifetime trip data for the customer that lost it? If not that wouldn't be labeled resolved.

Regardless I'm not sure why I have to justify my legitimate question about a feature in a support thread. Can I get a yes or no answer from the developer? Thanks.