Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I go into the "Manage Alerts" section and click on the number in the "Matches" column (to view the matches for that alert), I get the following error and the column headers are missing:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 127
When I go into the "Manage Alerts" section and click on the number in the "Matches" column (to view the matches for that alert), I get the following error and the column headers are missing:

ok, that's fixed, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I sorted by New, Any Location, and then was going model by model. When you get to 90kWh Rear Wheel Drive, that one comes up. There is no location showing so I guess that is why it doesn't show up on your site?

This is interesting now. Looks like they are listing many cars without a location (or rather, the location is "placeholder"). I need to now go through this list of cars to find any that are not getting picked up with a location and add them to EVCPO. That's for tomorrow. ;)

Thanks for pointing this out.

Question About Historical Listings:

When the "Days on Market" column shows a "0" for a particular car, what does that mean? That it was on Tesla's CPO site for less than a day, or that it never showed up there?

Apologize if this questions has been asked before, but I'm new to the historical listings.

This thread is for any discussion relating to EV-CPO.com the new CPO Consolidator program at EV CPO Consolidator ev-cpo.com

Any bugs, comments, questions, suggestions, enhancements, positive or negative feedback, please post here.

First, thank you for creating this tool. I signed up for a year as much as anything to say thank you by supporting you with some $s. Tesla's CPO tools are terrible. Your site ain't pretty but it does most of what I was looking for.

Suggestions/questions/enhancements
  1. I sure would like to have OR statements in the alerts and filter selections. Let's say for instance that I'd be okay with white, blue, and Red exterior color. Why should I have to set up separate alerts. The permutation list gets huge if that is the case across multiple fields. There are a few features for a Model S that I'm very picky about and many others that I'm much less finicky. The current tools don't accommodate that characteristic well.
  2. It doesn't appear there is an email option for alerts. Is it there and I'm missing it? My desire would be to have some pretty tight alerts that only fire in rare circumstances and then be notified by email when they do fire. Conversely, even a broader alert could send an update when a new vehicle matches the criteria.
  3. The Option code list doesn't have the performance seats. Why is that?
  4. It sure would be nice to be able to name my alerts. Sure I can glance at the various filters, but being able to assign descriptive names would be awesome.
  5. It would be nice to be able to use the UI to set an alert for a specific vehicle so you could see what happens to it over time. Get alerts on changes in price or status for instance. Sure we can do this now by manually setting up an alert by VIN but it seems it should be easy to make that a one click option from the search results page.

Thanks again for creating this tool.

Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for your support and feedback. As Elon says (but just might not practice enough) feedback is good, negative feedback is better. Let me address your comments:

1. Yes, other people have requested this, but this by far is the most complicated feature to implement. I will investigate this further to see what I can do in this department.
2. Whenever any alert is triggered, it sends an email out automatically. So you can have tight and/or broad alerts, and you'll be notified when each one is fired.
3. I think these are the codes you're looking for:
  • IZMB Black Perf​
  • IZMG Grey Perf​
  • IZMT Tan Perf​
  • IZZW White Perf​

4. Yes, another requested feature which isn't hard to do, I just have to do it. :)
5. Well, it is pretty easy to use the existing UI to create an alert by VIN to do what you want, I'm not sure I see the real need to make it a "one-click alert" option, over implementing other requested features. Besides, I don't want to get sued by Amazon. :) I'm also somewhat limited in column space on the search results page, I don't want to clutter that up any more than necessary.

When I get some free time, I'll look into setting up OR criteria for the alerts.

thanks again for your comments and subscription.

Just signed up (have been visiting the sight for a while now). Got to the point where I decided to let Hank's program do the digging- it was fun for the first couple of months. Plus, starting to get a little more serious in my looking since I'm not sure I'm willing to wait 2+ years for a Model 3.

Hank,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

1. I expected this might be tough. I understand if it isn't really doable and appreciate any progress you can make on it.
2. Ah, I just didn't wait long enough. I might suggest adding some verbiage in the UI that confirms each alert will fire off an email whenever it is triggered. I may have missed it, but don't recall seeing anything like that in the existing UI.
3. Ah. I used CTRL-F to searching for "performance" and "seat" without success. This list is another perfect example of where an OR statement would be useful since the color is less important to me than the seat design.
4. :)
5. np. I agree it can be done easily by manually setting up an alert. It was, as all these thins are, just a thought and opinion.

Don

3. Ah. I used CTRL-F to searching for "performance" and "seat" without success. This list is another perfect example of where an OR statement would be useful since the color is less important to me than the seat design.

I had to abbreviate many of the option code descriptions because the main data table is so wide, if that column matched how Tesla describes them:

Black Performance Interior
Grey Performance Interior
Tan Performance Interior
White Performance Interior

That would blow out the table width just too far. So for many of the options, I abbreviated and removed all redundant information.

More observations and a request for info

Hank,

A couple of additional observations.

I received my first alert via email. Very nice.

There are two entries for "Pano" roof. I see there are two entries in the Model S Option Codes List (RFPO and RFP2) so I guess that is consistent. Do you know where I can find information on what is different with these two roofs? The site you link to options.teslastuff.net shows the two but the descriptions look identical.

For now, I've had to remove that option from my alerts because it is messing with the results, or I guess I could just set up two alerts that are identical except for those two codes.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

Hank, I still haven't found a clear description of the differences between RFPO and RFP2 but I have found that it appears your "PANO" selector in the alert generator sets RFP2 as the option type when a user selects the 1st of the two PANO options on your list. Yet, in looking through the options list of existing cars, it appears they all use RFP0. IMHO, your selector list should have the most used code first and the UX should be updated to help the user know which one to pick instead of two pick list items with exactly the same name. Cheers. Don

Hank,

There are two entries for "Pano" roof. I see there are two entries in the Model S Option Codes List (RFPO and RFP2) so I guess that is consistent. Do you know where I can find information on what is different with these two roofs? The site you link to options.teslastuff.net shows the two but the descriptions look identical.

For now, I've had to remove that option from my alerts because it is messing with the results, or I guess I could just set up two alerts that are identical except for those two codes.

Don

If you look at the Options list, there are many options that have more than one code for the same option. As far as I know, there is just one Pano roof. The differences in option codes is likely some internal or engineering changes that we really wouldn't know about, just in-line improvements. Looks like the VIN cutoffs is around 96xxx between RFPO and RFP2. I really wouldn't worry too much about it, and I doubt you'll be able to find out exactly what the differences are.

But I'll look into creating a Roof "group" to group those two options together like I do for some of the other options in the Alerts area.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Hank, I still haven't found a clear description of the differences between RFPO and RFP2 but I have found that it appears your "PANO" selector in the alert generator sets RFP2 as the option type when a user selects the 1st of the two PANO options on your list. Yet, in looking through the options list of existing cars, it appears they all use RFP0. IMHO, your selector list should have the most used code first and the UX should be updated to help the user know which one to pick instead of two pick list items with exactly the same name. Cheers. Don

There are 5 cars now with RFP2. Look at the History page to see more of both types.

Like I said above, there really is only one roof, and the option code changes by VIN. I will group them together.

But I'll look into creating a Roof "group" to group those two options together like I do for some of the other options in the Alerts area. ... Like I said above, there really is only one roof, and the option code changes by VIN. I will group them together.

Thanks, Hank. You've made an incredibly useful tool.

Using the options code capability in alerts, I've really been able to hone in on what I'm looking for (e.g. any S with the 85kWh pack). I also just realized you have the capability to set alerts for any 19" wheels, which is a feature I really appreciate; The 19" wheel size is one of my criteria and I'm less picky about the specific wheel style.

I hope Tesla appreciates what you've created because I'm 100% certain your tool will lead to increased sales of CPO cars.

Don

Thanks, Hank. You've made an incredibly useful tool.

Using the options code capability in alerts, I've really been able to hone in on what I'm looking for (e.g. any S with the 85kWh pack). I also just realized you have the capability to set alerts for any 19" wheels, which is a feature I really appreciate; The 19" wheel size is one of my criteria and I'm less picky about the specific wheel style.

I hope Tesla appreciates what you've created because I'm 100% certain your tool will lead to increased sales of CPO cars.

Don

Thanks. I know they know about it, as we had a dialog early on after I created the Consolidator. They were considering having me help them enhance their site to have many of the same advanced features, which I was open to do. But then they suddently decided to "utilize internal resources" for the job.

Interestingly, they said during their development that they had several different versions of their Pre-Owned site (or should I say, "Pre-Powned" :) ), which included more sorting/searching/filtering features. They showed them all to Elon, who chose the one they eventually launched. So that's what they're using.

We've also heard scattered reports of Sales Associates in the Tesla stores referencing the site, because it's easier than their internal system.

- - - Updated - - -

I also just realized you have the capability to set alerts for any 19" wheels, which is a feature I really appreciate;

Yes, that's an example of the option grouping I'm using for several of the options. For instance, if you want a Black, Grey or Tan Leather interior, that could be any of these option codes:

Black Leather: IPMB QPMB QXMB QNLB QNEB QREB QRLB IZMB QZMB QYMB
Grey Leather: IPMG QXMG QZMG QYMG QPMG QNEG QRLG QNLG QREG IZMG
Tan Leather: IPMT QXMT QYMT QZMT QPMT QRLT QRET QNLT QNET IZMT

Or you want Black Next Gen seats? That's: QNLB,QNEB,QREB or QRLB.

Go figure. :)

Micro management. Why should Elon be involved in every little itty bitty decision? Does he think other folks can't even make a decision on the look and feel of the CPO website?

That's what they told me. I guess when it comes to maximizing sales and their customer facing website, they wanted the BMOC to make the final call as to which version goes live.

Also, I think Tesla still operates as a "small" company, which is evidenced by their continued communication challenges with customers and clients, so it's not surprising that they asked Elon to make the final call.

Hank,

Don

- - - Updated - - -

Hank:

AFAIK there was a production mod to the pano roof around June 2015. This changed the flip-up caps that covered the mounting holes for the roof rack (which broke or got pulled off very easily), and also changed the appearance of the fixed front panel of the pano system. Changes were made to address 'gen. 1' issues (gaskets/seals). You might look into this and see if this jibes with production date/VIN.

But I'll look into creating a Roof "group" to group those two options together like I do for some of the other options in the Alerts area.

There are 5 cars now with RFP2. Look at the History page to see more of both types.

Like I said above, there really is only one roof, and the option code changes by VIN. I will group them together.

I've now created a roof "group" to group those two option codes together. All existing Roof alerts have been updated to reflect this new group.

I'm also working on making some of the alert options "multi-select" so you can select only the options you want. This also should take care of selecting a "NOT" option by being able to select all the options except the ones you don't want. This should be ready in a couple of days. I have the interface part working great.. now the hard part of implementing "OR" logic into the Alerting code.