Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sad to see that the German government does absolutely NOTHING to promote EV's, even though they are always talking about how important it is to get as many of them on the roads as possible till 2020.

Oh yeah, five years without road tax are granted (which for many people would mean between 100 and 500 Euros total!)

I asked our local Tesla store manager to keep me informed about when the Model S demo cars currently in Europe would come to our store - never heard anything from him again after the initial confirmation. Tesla must really feel Germany is totally uniteresting a market compared to Norway, the Netherlands et al.

Frustrating to say the least.

Last edited:
My bet, @AustinPowers, is that Germany will begin their EV subsidies shortly before BMW rolls out its new i series.

I wouldn't bet on that. Our nice Mrs. Chancellor made it very clear (backed by our finance minister) that she doesn't see incentives as the right way to promote EV's. I'm sure the fact that it would be very costly for the state doesn't weigh into the equation :rolleyes:

Perhaps they will subsidize the industry (quite likely they are doing that already), but certainly prospective buyers will be gladly overlooked.

When I spoke to GeorgeB in May this year he told me that Tesla was going to open their European distribution center in the Netherlands and to final assembly (marriage of battery and car?) here and then ship them into Europe.

Probably due to the port of Rotterdam and infrastructure to reach the rest of Europe.

That of course doesn't mean that NL will get the first Model S in Europe, we might see them driving over our highways with destination Norway while we just wait for our "Finalize" button in our My Tesla account.

Looks like you were right http://www.omroepbrabant.nl/?news/1...he+autos+Tesla+Motors+vestigt+in+Tilburg.aspx
It says that they will be starting a distribution centre in Tilburg.