Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: European Timeline

Icon14 European Timeline

Hello all,

I havn't seen any thread about this on the first page so forgive me if this is old news. I've just was in Zürich where they showed the Model S for the first time and the Tesla employee there seemed pretty confident of his 'timeline' so I thought I'd post it here

- European pricing will be announced this year and should be 'fair' (x-rate + shipping cost + taxes)
    - dates for the get Amped tour should be announced this year
    - Test drives probably in february and march
    - First european production in march starting with the signatures

Especially the productio date was really news to me. He also mentioned that the model S hasn't been accepted yet in europe and maybe things like the neck protection of the seats and some other things will still change in the european version.

Presumably this is Europe ex UK? Left Hand Drive only?
    PLEASE NOTE:
    These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership.
    My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my express consent.

yes I think so I didn't asked about the right hand drive version. sorry

We've already had test drives here in Norway for a couple of weeks, so I assume the February/March estimate is for Switzerland.
    Model X EU P2754, might consider switching to AWD Model S.

Icon5

Starting Sig production again in March puzzles me. I thought they couldn't do Sunset Red and Sig Red at the same time (limited # of colour 'buckets' in the Paint Center).

We are able to see the car in the Netherlands from the 13th to the 15th this week so I can ask about timing for test drives for us too.
    As I have never seen a Model S I am really looking forward to seeing it after all the fantastic stories I have read on the forums.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian H View Post
    Starting Sig production again in March puzzles me. I thought they couldn't do Sunset Red and Sig Red at the same time (limited # of colour 'buckets' in the Paint Center).
    As production ramps, they've likely opened more paint bays.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

March sounds very interesting, although I don't believe it!

The 3-phase connector still has to be finalized and they still have to go through the hoops of getting it accepted?

I'd be stunned if we see the first Signature on the road in March, but I doubt it.

I do hope we get pricing information before christmas and also the technical details about the 3-phase charging so we know what to expect.

I'll be in Eindhoven on Saturday, I'll ask some questions there, maybe we get some new information!
    BMW M5 E39 - Kawasaki Z750R - 3-phase power - Not a Roadster owner, but the co-owner of my/our company is

85kWh - 19" Cyclone grey - Pearl White - Tech Package - PDC - Sunroof - Twin-Chargers - Light package - Nappa Leather

Quote Originally Posted by widodh View Post
    March sounds very interesting, although I don't believe it!

The 3-phase connector still has to be finalized and they still have to go through the hoops of getting it accepted?

I'd be stunned if we see the first Signature on the road in March, but I doubt it.

I do hope we get pricing information before christmas and also the technical details about the 3-phase charging so we know what to expect.

I'll be in Eindhoven on Saturday, I'll ask some questions there, maybe we get some new information!

Hope the pricing will be a nice Christmas present and not a shock

Tesla has a way to go in order to finalize the car for Europe with all it's hurdles. Hope the 3-phase charging details will also be covered with the price announcements.

- Norway now have 2 out of 3 cars In Europe, In our Oslo store. (I test drove the Silver today, the black one is In shop). Its there untill after christmas.

- Norway is about 50% of all Europe orders, alone. May be why we got two!

- Norwegians already had an incident with one car - but it got fixed.

- Pricing has been said to be out In December. My best guess is this, or early next week.

- Tesla employee In Oslo said price would be somewhere alongside "an average VW Golf". Here they cost around €46k, so Im guessing €49'k start price.

- Production of first sigs is said to start In March. Delivery In April. Sig res# 1 is a norwegian guy, so we will follow him (he even got his US sig already aswell).

- Iordered In mid October and were told to expect 12 months delivery. Putting it In the 400 cars/wk schedule they should start our deliveries In April to make that.

_____
    Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.
    EU Model S P1418
    S85, White, 19", Tech, Pano, Air, Sound, Lightning package, Park Assist, Parcel Shelf. VIN: *15231
    Board Presiden, Tesla Owners Club Norway (tocn.no)

Thread Information