Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU/UK Model S 2023 : Wish List!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that new orders for the Model S are now showing as 2023 for UK and EU countries.

It isn’t clear if that is new orders or ALL orders but I do hope they use the +1 year or so to sort out a few issues and add some features that we’ve come to expect from premium vehicles in this part of the world.

My wish list.

1. Brakes! I partially understand Tesla’s logic for specifying weak brakes relative to the performance of the vehicle, as in they expect the vast majority of ‘normal’ users to rely upon regenerative braking, BUT it is all too easy to overheat brakes in spirited driving, especially in the UK (many, many twisty roads). The weight and power of the Plaid absolutely requires Tesla fix the problem! I‘ve not driven the Plaid to see how bad the brakes are but I am basing my view on what I’ve read/seen.

2. Matrix Headlamps. Matrix headlamps are simply fantastic. Once you’ve driven a vehicle with them you realise how bad normal headlights are, especially on unlit roads. Most/all premium and even non-premium vehicles have them (EU). There is absolutely no reason for Tesla not to include them and I expect vision based FSD to benefit. There should be no technical blocks and Model 3/Y vehicles are already equipped, presumably waiting for firmware updates

3. HW4 FSD computer. This is more a nice-to-have but I expect the silicon will be fully tested and ready for deployment into production vehicles. I’ve selected FSD, purely from a technical curiosity point of view and I expect more sophisticated model and object detection from the higher performance ML inference engine

4. Ambient lighting. I know people generally don’t care that much about this but ambient lighting adds a subtle but luxury feel in the vehicle. I’m used to German vehicles that have it as standard and we know the refresh Model S has the wiring to enable it

5. Torque vectoring. We’ve seen the reviews stating that torque vectoring isn’t enabled and that the Plaid is a one trick pony (straight line performance), but I do hope they complete software updates to enable that feature. I decided on the Plaid over the Taycan Turbo, in part based upon the ‘hope’ they improve handling.

Other than the above, of course I expect quality improvements.

If Tesla deliver on the above, they’ll have one awesome vehicle, more so than today!