Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU COC for 2018 MX 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imported my MX 75D from California to the UK. It arrived in November 2019. I cannot register it or drive because I cannot get an electrical safety certificate from Tesla. Tesla provide the EU 100.01 compliance document for cars they register in the UK. How can I get one? I have been trying for months.

Your car isn't certified by Tesla (or third party) for registration in Europe. You need a EU "type rating certificate". And those are provided to the manufacturer for their vehicles produced for EU, not those produced for the US.
And Tesla also clearly specify in the warranty statement that they do not support any vehicles that have been moved from one continent to another. Like a US car shipped to Europe or China. Or Australian car shipped to the US.

Some European countries accept registration of non-certified vehicles if you provide enough documentation that the vehicle is safe, and you replace all lights with E-marked ones.

You are better off shipping the car back to the US and just buying a European Tesla.