Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What, I don’t understand, it is nearly perfect.
You're kidding right? Its perfect until it driver around the painted stop sign, crosses the double yellow line and makes a wide right turn into the wrong side of the road. It should follow basic rules always. Drive on right, don't cross double yellow... I'd imagine that's not a hard fix but not there yet.

You're kidding right? Its perfect until it driver around the painted stop sign, crosses the double yellow line and makes a wide right turn into the wrong side of the road. It should follow basic rules always. Drive on right, don't cross double yellow... I'd imagine that's not a hard fix but not there yet.

Once they implement line recognition and the car recognizes empty spaces as no drive zones it will be perfect. The core of the feature is there.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
If there is one thing I can say it is that this feature is extremely safe and errs on the side of caution. If it took a wide turn it's because it was able to.

The other nice thing is that a pissed off driver following the car making a right turn can only shoot the car. Can't kill the owner. That's a safety feature I like.

This barely works in empty or very uncongested parking lot. I have yet to see one that needs to wait for cross traffic and tons of shoppers. I don't think it will hit them but I do think it will give up quite easily and just abort. I've seen it abort for much less, like shadows.

Reactions: jebinc
In most states, you aren’t required to obey traffic signs on private property, from what I understand. So my assumption would be that there would not be a high bar on that one. As far as I can tell so far, it ignores lines if there aren’t any cars around. Who knows. Maybe different versions do different things.
Looks like you live in CA. For most of California, stop sign cameras are not allowed, as you know. But the Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority or MRCA use cameras to enforce some stop signs on their land including portions of the Santa Monica Mountains. Summon might get you a ticket there:) (The tickets have been enforced on CA residents but nonresidents can duck paying them. Personal experience speaking!)

“It does not get better than that. That is absolutely perfect. Wow!”

;)

I guess I am still struggling to understand the utility of the feature (which looks like it will have fairly low probability of completion) except as a way to develop FSD capabilities.

The best results I've seen have been in completely empty areas where the car can drive haphazardly. So. Perhaps we rename this to "Leaving work with an empty parking lot" mode. For people that don't feel safe walking across a dark, empty lot now the car can fumble its way toward you.