Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhance Auto - aka S3XY buttons working on something interesting for refreshed S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've looked at Enhance Auto's S3XY buttons a few times over the past few months. Does @dimitar.ns have a thread going here at TMC?
I think a really cool alternative to stalks (alternative, meaning, I would prefer stalks) would be buttons that could attach to the back of the steering wheel/yoke, that could be used much like paddles that some cars have.
Perhaps a larger cushion-like button that we can place right on top of the airbag for horn access.

Reactions: Bitjockey
I've looked at Enhance Auto's S3XY buttons a few times over the past few months. Does @dimitar.ns have a thread going here at TMC?
I think a really cool alternative to stalks (alternative, meaning, I would prefer stalks) would be buttons that could attach to the back of the steering wheel/yoke, that could be used much like paddles that some cars have.
Perhaps a larger cushion-like button that we can place right on top of the airbag for horn access.
Your placement was what I had envisioned and mentioned before; back of the wheel. That would get me by until we had stalks.

Your placement was what I had envisioned and mentioned before; back of the wheel. That would get me by until we had stalks.

It will work, but there is a little bit of a delay when using the S3XY buttons.

I use one on the steering column to give my wife access to low-regen mode. She drives her Classic X that way, and wanted same on the S. Works fantastically well for that.

They said they had a different way using the buttons. The current way extends the battery life to 2-3 years. They can get more immediate response but reduce battery life to about a year. That would be fine with me (the shorter battery life).

I'm guessing they just put the BT buttons to sleep - that first press likely has to wake the xmitter. If they can reduce the latency, that's great. As you said, I don't mind changing the batteries once a year.

I'm really impressed with the S3XY buttons - it's a much more useful tool than I ever imagined! Especially on a P2 -- lets us right some of the interface wrongs ...

Last edited:
Reactions: dimitar.ns
"Following distance is not possible for S and X currently. We can do it for the 3 and Y but so far there were no requests for this and it's not a priority"

If anyone else wants this, now is the time to speak up!
Given that Tesla seems to be going down a path of removing the following distance setting, I'm not sure I would put much effort into supporting it.

Where did you get that impression? Link?
Because in the latest FSD beta it has been removed, and your only choice is Chill, Average, or Assertive. (And from my testing, basically no difference in following distance between them.) I assume that once they "finalize" the FSD stack they will back-port it to AP and they will do the same thing.

Maybe these two threads?

Bruce.

PS. I don't advise placing anything on the airbag. If the airbag deploys it might fly into the driver's face.

Maybe these two threads?

Bruce.

PS. I don't advise placing anything on the airbag. If the airbag deploys it might fly into the driver's face.
Yes, I found your wonderful thread with your X, and the other one. Some vendors have their own threads for following updates. I could not find one, so I subscribed to their email list.

Yes, anything on the airbag risks becoming a projectile, and damaging to one's face, even if soft. I really want a center horn button, and hence why I did not buy the new wheel yet. I am hoping Tesla will release an updated version later.

Reactions: Bitjockey
They said they had a different way using the buttons. The current way extends the battery life to 2-3 years. They can get more immediate response but reduce battery life to about a year. That would be fine with me (the shorter battery life).
i tried sending a DM to ask how to set it to always have immediate response, as the shorter battery life is fine w/me. i didn't see it listed on their website so I want to find out how to set it be instant response before I purchase a set.

This recent video shows a prototype of the S3XY stalk.

Only a left stalk is visible in this video. Does anyone know if it's been explicitly stated that a right stalk for gear shifting will also be included? Or are they only intending to offer a left stalk? But I found a comment from @enhauto buried deep in a Twitter thread where they confirm that a right stalk for gear shifting will be included:

1693943467408.png

Last edited:
This recent video shows a prototype of the S3XY stalk.

Only a left stalk is visible in this video. Does anyone know if it's been explicitly stated that a right stalk for gear shifting will also be included? Or are they only intending to offer a left stalk? ( @dimitar.ns )

I am... ridiculously excited for this. Can I just give they my AmEx now?

• Funny
Guys, I'm sorry for missing this thread and not answering!
We will create a Generic Enhance thread soon and separate threads for the S3XY Knob and the Stalks soon.

@dimitar.ns what is the ETA of the stalks? Any rough idea on when this might be coming to market? This year? Next Year? Next Month??:)
The stalks should be ready next year. Maybe February. We will have more info in the next couple of weeks. We also have a Highland 3 on order so we will be able to make the needed adjustments for it.

It will work, but there is a little bit of a delay when using the S3XY buttons.

I use one on the steering column to give my wife access to low-regen mode. She drives her Classic X that way, and wanted same on the S. Works fantastically well for that.
There are two types of delay - at statup and at every press.
- At statup is the bigger delay which will be resolved with the new gen Buttons (which will not go to deep sleep). The battery will be drained a bit faster but at least should last around 1.5 years so not a big deal.
- At every press is observed only when you set a second action to the button like Long or Double press. This is by design because we have to wait 200-300ms to check if you intend to execute the Long/Double press or just make a single press. In this case the Action for the Single press is executed 200-300ms after you release the button. For instance the action if there is no Long/Double press set to the button is executed immediately on the button press. We don't wait to release the button and the action execution is without any delay.
Hope that helps with the explanation about the delay! We should have added this to the app but we are not sure how to explain it in a simple way. Any suggestions are welcome. 🙂