Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ended: $2K Off Instead Of $1K From Current VA & OH Owners, Confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I'm not among those during the final 3 days of the program, but count me as someone who ordered in the final week.

I finally placed an order a couple days ago on a new 70D. After months of research and indecision/debate, the referral program plus the help of friendly TMC members got me to finally pull the trigger. Couldn't be more excited to soon be a Model S owner :biggrin:

By the way, for the benefit of any fellow Canadians out there considering a Model S purchase... I'm happy to report that the full $2k credit is available to buyers across the border here in Canada too. I had seen some discussion elsewhere of UK and EU buyers and the VA/OH referral credit, but until today I couldn't find absolute confirmation it would work here north of the 49th.

After placing my order with a VA referral code, the purchase agreement showed the original $1k credit (as expected). But my advisor said the additional VA/OH portion of the credit could only be given to buyers who register their car in the US. Of course, if you read the letter to VA/OH owners (see OP's post), the letter makes no mention of any restriction to location of the buyer who receives 2k credit. After getting him to dig further into the matter, today he got confirmation from management that they must pay the 2k to the buyer. My paperwork hasn't yet been updated but I'm told I will get the $2k credit (CDN$ of course). At least this will help partially offset the 7% price hike we got here in Canada in late August

That's great to know, thanks for sharing!

Well, I'm not among those during the final 3 days of the program, but count me as someone who ordered in the final week.

I finally placed an order a couple days ago on a new 70D. After months of research and indecision/debate, the referral program plus the help of friendly TMC members got me to finally pull the trigger. Couldn't be more excited to soon be a Model S owner :biggrin:

By the way, for the benefit of any fellow Canadians out there considering a Model S purchase... I'm happy to report that the full $2k credit is available to buyers across the border here in Canada too. I had seen some discussion elsewhere of UK and EU buyers and the VA/OH referral credit, but until today I couldn't find absolute confirmation it would work here north of the 49th.

After placing my order with a VA referral code, the purchase agreement showed the original $1k credit (as expected). But my advisor said the additional VA/OH portion of the credit could only be given to buyers who register their car in the US. Of course, if you read the letter to VA/OH owners (see OP's post), the letter makes no mention of any restriction to location of the buyer who receives 2k credit. After getting him to dig further into the matter, today he got confirmation from management that they must pay the 2k to the buyer. My paperwork hasn't yet been updated but I'm told I will get the $2k credit (CDN$ of course). At least this will help partially offset the 7% price hike we got here in Canada in late August

Yes, happy to help f-stop! Excellent write up.
The lawyers are telling them they have to pay the full 2000$ amount, no matter where the buyer is located, even outside the US.
The language that VA/OH owners received was simply not specific enough.

It does that for everyone .. It lists the top 50 and then yourself (at the bottom if you have less then the #50 person).

I am honored to at least be on the board. I told the kids I was famous!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, didn't mean to accuse you of doing anything in bad taste...was just curious what the point was. I understand you were counting a referral that didn't officially sign up yet. I feel bad for calling you out on fibbing. If I could gift you two of my referrals to send you to the GF party, I would. :)

Aww. Thanks, Accuser. Rooting for you and your upgrade. Are you also getting a Founders X? I have no expectations, but it would've awesome to rub shoulders with the gigapeeps next year.

I am honored to at least be on the board. I told the kids I was famous!

- - - Updated - - -

Aww. Thanks, Accuser. Rooting for you and your upgrade. Are you also getting a Founders X? I have no expectations, but it would've awesome to rub shoulders with the gigapeeps next year.

Yeah, planning on getting a Founders X for my wife. Hopefully there aren't any major negative surprises.

Where coming up on the last day of the discount. Looks like I'll be short 3 referals on reaching 10 ..... but I have to say that never was or is an important incentive. As was intended it was created to give something to the owner community who has always been it's best salespersons and generate some sales from the community. Yes .. there are the whiners about the car ... they exist in everything ... but most of us just deal with problems ourselves, if something breaks we go to the source and man up and if necessary do what it takes, but for me the Tesla service far exceeds any I've ever had. I got stopped and asked about the car this morning at breakfast and on the boulevard at lunch ..... and it is a pleasure to take the time to answer questions, allow pictures sitting in the car and be helpful. We don't need the incentive to do that, the car stands on it's own, and I will continue to do it incentive or not. I am excited to make the trip to the Gigafactory (in Virginia we don't get the $ incentive due to a backward and most likely dealer controlled board, all appointed) ... but who cares .... Elon stepped up stuck a thumb in their eye and said ...OK the entire discount goes to the buyer .... alright Elon! Would I have gotten the X if I got to 10 ... darn right .. that says it all about the car .... :) Everyone enjoy your car ..... :)

You'll forget all about not having vented seats when your (face) cheeks are touching your ears. Or while you watch the car drive itself down the highway...

Ya, I figure the remote cool-down of the car would help and I'm also getting 3m Crystalline tint installed.

Congratulations Zybane .... you will not regret it ...... keep me up to speed ..... :)

Well I'm one referral away from getting the 10 now ... and one day left ..... almost yet so far ...... :)

+1 to this (and I have the slow model :)

Wow, only one more eh? Has someone already gotten ten referrals in our area (VA) for a free X? If so, you still have the chance to get a nice Model X upgrade or new Ludicrous P90D.

Ya, I figure the remote cool-down of the car would help and I'm also getting 3m Crystalline tint installed.

Wow, only one more eh? Has someone already gotten ten referrals in our area (VA) for a free X? If so, you still have the chance to get a nice Model X upgrade or new Ludicrous P90D.

You don't have the rules of the program straight. :)

When Tesla says region, that means North America, not each state.

Only 1 person in all of North America receives a free Model X for getting to 10 referrals FIRST. Only 1 person in each region receives the P90DL upgrade. ALL qualified referrers get a chance to buy a Founders Model X if they hit 10 referrals.

Not a bad deal at all ......... :) .... but getting one more on anything can be a long way and it's only 1 more day ..... I'm just happy about the Gigafactory trip ..... going to swing over to the Fremont CA and visit the factory while out to that side of the country .... :) Just need to decide if I want to fly or drive my Tesla all the way to Nevada and then California and back ..... done it many times over the years but it's a push .... :) ... but hey ... no gas cost ..... :)

Wow ... last day of the referral program ... I really didn't pay much attention to this until I got 4 ... then got excited about a possible Gigafactory trip ..... now I'm sitting at 9 .... the Tesla leaderboard show 2 of us at 9 ..... so now I fighting getting too excited about maybe reaching 10 ... :) One nice benefits has been messaging back and forth to people who have questions on options and my opinion on features .... wonder how many last minute buyers are out there .... just for the record I was up last night and logged onto my account at 2am EST and it still showed 2 days .... I logged in at 3:14am EST and it changed to 1 day .... so the day counter must be linked to CA time .... so it looks like you East Coast last minute buyers have an extra 3 hours to decide ... ;-)

I'm just one away from the GF tour, but I'm also not in OH or VA. :( It's hard to compete with that. :rolleyes:

But a big congrats to everyone finally placing an order today! The more the merrier!

Your right but you do get, so far, $4,000.00 worth of services or stuff for your car. In Virginia and Ohio they banned that so Elon one upped them and said he would just give the entire $2,000.00 to the buyer. Like you say more buyers is better either way .... we all want Tesla to keep being successful .... The leader board show only 2 of us at 9 and 2 that have 5 ..... so you still have today to work with a buyer ....