Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EM Tweet: Ramping up autopilot team -- email -- proof of skills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least no one has mentioned ADA yet! .. ;-)
In the late 1980s I wrote a ten part set of articles for one of the then leading UK computer magazines about Ada, what made it so elegant and decreased the chance of low level bugs.

I'll photocopy and send it in :). In its defence, it does have some beautiful embedded constructs which were adopted in simplified form in many later languages.

In the late 1980s I wrote a ten part set of articles for one of the then leading UK computer magazines about Ada, what made it so elegant and decreased the chance of low level bugs.

I'll photocopy and send it in :). In its defence, it does have some beautiful embedded constructs which were adopted in simplified form in many later languages.

You should post them on archive.org and link to them.

I actually liked the simplicity of ADA for task-based real-time, non-deterministic systems, though was always bemused that it was used more often as a teaching tool in the UK, rather than safety-critical systems.

I said the original comment in jest, though the more I think about this, the more intriguing it becomes. There's fundamentally two elements to autopilot 1) image recognition/ analysis and 2) real-time, safety-critical, decision making systems... arguably something like OpenCV might help the former, though if ADA is good enough for fly-by-wire systems for Boeing's 777...? :)