Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one 7 SDs from the mean to the right has anything to do with EVs. Anything.

Just saying, this sounds like hyperbole.

They seemed to be talking about Loomer, not Elon.... Loomer AFAIK has nothing to do with EVs.

If you're unfamiliar with her I'd strongly suggest reading her WIki article then asking if she's someone Elon should uncritically be believing the claims of and amplifying to his 100+ million followers or not.

AND IN RELATED IRONY

The person Elon amplified in the earlier tweet widely promoted hatred Including complaining how much work finding a "non muslim" cab is, tagging herself a "#Proudislamophobe", calling for a complete and permenant ban to muslims entering the US, once handcuffed herself to Twitters offices wearing a yellow "jude" patch, said Muslims shouldn't even be allowed to run for office in the US, said in response to a story of 2000 migrants dying in the med sea drowing "Good. Here's to 2000 more", said of a neo-nazi group "they believe in preserving white European culture; there is nothing wrong with that", spoke at MULTIPLE gatherings and annual conferences of white supremacists and white supremacy groups.

I’ve barely seen a ‘traditional’ news outlet, that hasn’t quoted Twitter as a source in many years
Those are usually "feel" pieces that are click-generators from outrage addicts:

"Politician So-And-So Gets Ripped For Opinion On This-Or-That!"
"Celebrity This-Person is Humiliated Online For Some-Idea-They-Had!"

I have rarely seen Twitter as a source for actual news.

I’ve barely seen a ‘traditional’ news outlet, that hasn’t quoted Twitter as a source in many years
Twitter can be a source of information on recent events, which is what news outlets seek to write their articles. If someone is on-site at a newsworthy event and tweets about it, it can be used as a source of information (and hopefully with a standard disclaimer of "the information in the tweet we used has not been independently verified" if there is any question about veracity). But it is certainly not itself a news outlet.

Twitter can be a source of information on recent events, which is what news outlets seek to write their articles. If someone is on-site at a newsworthy event and tweets about it, it can be used as a source of information (and hopefully with a standard disclaimer of "the information in the tweet we used has not been independently verified" if there is any question about veracity). But it is certainly not itself a news outlet.
I have read countless Tweets...but have never signed up to Twitter....it’s because they are used incessantly by lazy journalists in the traditional media

Reactions: ohmman
AND IN RELATED IRONY

The person Elon amplified in the earlier tweet widely promoted hatred Including complaining how much work finding a "non muslim" cab is, tagging herself a "#Proudislamophobe", calling for a complete and permenant ban to muslims entering the US, once handcuffed herself to Twitters offices wearing a yellow "jude" patch, said Muslims shouldn't even be allowed to run for office in the US, said in response to a story of 2000 migrants dying in the med sea drowing "Good. Here's to 2000 more", said of a neo-nazi group "they believe in preserving white European culture; there is nothing wrong with that", spoke at MULTIPLE gatherings and annual conferences of white supremacists and white supremacy groups.
The numbers in the Tweeted chart, BTW are meaningless. Once you have set up the category of interracial murders, basically what you’re going to get is something that cleaves to the percents of each race in the geographic region studied. It’s not even worth a discussion, let alone Elon’s 15 seconds of non-considering before commenting.

It's simply really hard to force people to pay for something that used to be free. If people had to pay to start, a lot fewer would sign up on the platform.

Usually, people find value vs. the $$ (like Amazon Prime which used to be $49 I think, but now, like $139 or $179), so they pony up the $$ and Amazon sees increased spending from prime subscribers, but airlines, weather stations, etc, see no extra revenue, but a cost hit.

I don't think the Twitter subscription model will ever work, but we will see in time.

Reactions: Dave EV
I simply dont understand this. We cant talk about the actions of the CEO of Tesla and how this can hurt/help Tesla and it's mission. What are you trying to stop?
Except you know that's not how the discussions go. We've got over 16,000 posts in this thread and whenever these "actions" are brought up, it tends to devolve into personal politics and argument. I think we've summarized it a number of times. We can't really be sure how it's helping or hurting Tesla, certainly not yet. It's far too multivariate, and anyone who thinks they've resolved whether it is or isn't impacting Tesla today is bringing their bias to the table.

We've said it before, but this site's rules state that it isn't a place for politics. If you want to discuss politics, there are many sites that allow and encourage that topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.