Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I created a twitter account just to get him out of Hyde-mode at Twitter
I have a Twitter account that has sent 0 tweets, sent 0 DMs, received 0 DMs, and voted in 0 polls over its entire lifetime. I don't want to login and make myself an active user just to vote in this stupid poll. And if he does step down, all of the people he let back on should be re-banned and everyone who has been banned should be reinstated until a group of adults without mental issues and impulsive behavior can figure out what to do.

But if he does a poll for Tesla, I'd be tempted to login just to vote in that. The guy needs some serious mental help and should not be running ANY company right now. If he can get help and become the Elon that took Tesla from a start-up to the dominant EV manufacturer in the world today, then he can return as CEO of Tesla. But right now, his actions are making me more and more embarrassed to drive a Tesla with every passing day.

It’s funny how people are losing their marbles over this. Elon already said he would he stepping down as the head of Twitter!

Why does this matter? Maybe someone can explain.

Only a “no”result would change anything, making it such that he cannot drop the reins.

Not that he would abide by the results in that case, of course.
The implication is he would do it immediately or at least in a much sooner time scale than he originally planned.
His previous comments were he was going to wait for Twitter to be in a strong place (which it seems quite far from right now).
Elon Musk says he will find a new leader for Twitter

The implication is he would do it immediately or at least in a much sooner time scale than he originally planned.
His previous comments were he was going to wait for Twitter to be in a strong place (which it seems quite far from right now).
The only place he's running Twitter is straight into the ground, so I don't think that's happening in his lifetime.

LOL.
1671411072107.png

The only place he's running Twitter is straight into the ground, so I don't think that's happening in his lifetime.
Well, he didn't know when he started back in October/November. He seemed to think the ad revenue was going to stay relatively the same, and then with the massive cost cutting he did, Twitter would be in a better financial position (even with the economic downturn). He also thought the whole Twitter blue thing would bring in a significant amount of revenue, but it seems to have stalled (and the initial tallies show take rate of that was extremely low).

If he can leave and have someone reset things to mostly the same before he took over (except with reduced costs), then perhaps Twitter can still operate as it did before (which as a reminder, they were actually profitable, it's just with the upcoming economic downturn and uncertainly about Elon's purchase, things went downhill for the latest public quarter).

This is the point people miss. Just because Twitter is private doesn’t mean they can do whatever they want. To take advantage of protection afforded to platforms, they need to abide by laws.

Adding to that: the turning point with Elon today seemed to be this afternoon when he tweeted that Twitter was a publishing company, which subsequently led people to point out the EU laws and fines Twitter would face come Spring 2023 if this path continued

This is the point people miss. Just because Twitter is private doesn’t mean they can do whatever they want. To take advantage of protection afforded to platforms, they need to abide by laws.

People will say that you can actually link to other sites from twitter and that isn't the policy. But don't let it be forgotten that this was explicitly the policy when they dropped it earlier today and they were forced to loosen it once it was clear it was untenable and moronic.

Perfect encapsulation of a Musk run enterprise. Remove all the "no" people, and have the dictator yell at his employees to "ship it" without having thought it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.