Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on Colbert Report (2014)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reports elsewhere on this site are that when charging on 110v the Model S will only heat or cool the battery if the ambient temperature warrants it. So if you're trying to charge outdoors in the winter in Canada, then at 110v almost all your power goes to heating the battery instead of charging, but if you do it in the spring/fall at ambient 18c it just charges. (similarly if you try to charge from 110v in texas in July at 2000 degrees, almost all your power goes to cooling, and none to charging)

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Far better explaination than I had! Bravo good sir! (Or possibly madam I don't really know)

I remember a video of a guy in Montana during the sub zero cold wave showing how it responded in the cold much better than an ice and that was the only issue for him at that point was that it was so cold and he was preheating the car that those two combined was actually fully tapping his power draw.

A bit old now, but I saw this episode.

Why isn't everyone talking about his statements on electrically-powered vertical takeoff fan aircraft? I looked through the whole thread and no one even mentioned it.

THAT would be revolutionary. If I had $300million thats what I would do....