Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Elevator Pitch" Sentence that Best Describes the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other day I was in the parking lot of a restaurant getting ready to leave, an older gentleman in his 70's walked by the car. He stopped and then backtracked and walked around the car looking at it. I lowered my window and he asked me "How do you like the car?" I said it was "silent, silky fast, accelerates like a rocket at all speeds, and technology-wise, it was like going from VHS to DVDs". I was not sure where that came from. Nevertheless, since then, I am pondering:

"what is the perfect "elevator pitch" sentence that best describes the Model S?"

For owners who have their babies already, what is your sentence?

How about:

"I upgraded to this car from ___. When this one wears out, there's nothing on the market that is an upgrade... so I guess I'll just buy another one."

I was thinking about that earlier today. Until/unless the competition wakes up, Tesla is the only game in town at the moment (at least for my criteria in the category of EV).

I often describe the MS as a super-fast high technology gadget on wheels, with a smooth powerful takeoff like a magnetic roller coaster (think of the takeoff on California Screamin' for those of you familiar with this ride at Disney's California Adventure).

Some possibles:
  • I'd be happy to take you for a spin in the Model S, but then you'd hate driving your [current car].
  • It accelerates like a roller coaster, but you control gravity.
  • I never thought I would own a car built in America, but I never imagined that a car could be this amazing.

• I never thought I would own a car built in America, but I never imagined that a car could be this amazing.

I think that sums it up pretty well. Encapsulates my feelings exactly. And I had always wished that an american auto manufacturer would beat the pants off of Japan, Italy, England, and Germany... hasn't happened in a long time IMHO although I am sure arguments could be made for certain models.

But objectively speaking, if the car was this nice and was an ICE car, then it would meet the criteria to some extent. Since it is pure electric, well, I would say that it smoked the competition but perhaps zapped or sparked or some other electric related term would be more appropriate here.

15 days and counting (yes, I need to update my signature graphic). Permission to use that phrase thereafter Robert.Boston?

Cheers.

I basically use a slightly modified version of RCC's response:
It's a great car: accelerates faster than most sports cars, handles like a luxury sedan and carries as much stuff as an SUV. It looks great. Oh, and one more thing... it's electric.