Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmonton Charging - West Edmonton Mall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EV infrastructure is still painfully in it's infancy, especially in this part of the country. We really do need a lot more public chargers around, and some more superchargers would be really nice too.

I found going to Vancouver to be a pleasant change, it felt like everywhere I went in the lower mainland there was a public charger, so with only a tiny bit of planning the car was naturally full before I left without any awkward stops, but any of my destinations in this neck of the woods those public chargers are a lot more rare, and a lot less likely to be somewhere useful for me.

Total how many hours of travel time from Edmonton to Calgary including the stops for charging? Charging at your daughters overnight, again at Coast hotel, then Leduc and finally Red deer?? That's a lot of stops. Must have been very stressful with range anxiety at 19%!!!

19% is still quite a bit of range even at -20°, it's about 55 km depending on how fast you drive. I sorta feel that a lot of range anxiety is caused by that stupid warning popping up, not by people actually needing to worry.

I've used the Southgate charger (30A), and the IKEA charger (70A), and then Hotel chargers in Edmonton. Most of the parking lots do have plugs, especially this time of year. Just look for all the pickup trucks as they usually get plugged in for overnights, so you'll see active 110V plugs everywhere.

Leduc Peavey Mart has a 70A that works nicely. Good luck!

Thanks. So why can't the Alberta club members get together and buy a truck like this and get volunteers to deliver a "departure" charge to folks that need it when leaving their fine city?
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/5841-AAA-Electric-Vehicle-Charger-Trucks/page3

Would't it be great to just be able to order a charge so your car is ready to go when you wake up regardless of the Hotel or relatives 110v you stay at?

"Dare to dream Arnold".....:smile: