Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Model S reman pack labels & used car market

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is my current understanding (please flag any corrections) of how to read the Tesla reman labels.

The pic is a Tesla reman pack label. The T13G*******R1 serial number means it's originally a July (G is 7th letter in the alphabet) 2013 pack that has been remanufactured once - T13G and R1. That said, one cannot tell from Tesla's label when the reman was done. Could be anytime from 2013 to present.

Given this uncertainty as to when the Tesla reman was done, I'm wondering about the older Tesla out of warranty resell market (either dealer or private party).

A savvy buyer might want to know about any replacement pack. A seller will advertise a reman pack to assure a potential buyer that the current pack is newer then the original.

Currently with Tesla, one can tell a reman pack but not the year/month of reman. With Tesla's reman labeling system, a potential buyer would have to contact them for lineage info on the replacement pack.

Now, a private party will probably have "paperwork", while a dealer may or may not.

@Recell @wk057

344337048_1903955349961286_4156969134834654221_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotland41
This probably would have been better as a continuation of your existing thread I'd guess.

Edit: Also, in my experience, Tesla will provide exactly zero information about vehicles prior to you actually owning it (and even then limited to your ownership period), including any data on reman packs. In fact, techs don't even seem to have access to this information anymore... so can't even sweet talk anyone into giving it up even if they wanted to.

Reactions: blodg1
This probably would have been better as a continuation of your existing thread I'd guess.

Edit: Also, in my experience, Tesla will provide exactly zero information about vehicles prior to you actually owning it (and even then limited to your ownership period), including any data on reman packs. In fact, techs don't even seem to have access to this information anymore... so can't even sweet talk anyone into giving it up even if they wanted to.
Great info, thx.