Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reman pack labels in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NV Ray

Sep 7, 2020
Attached pic is from a Tesla reman MS pack. Do reman packs that you get from 3rd party vendors also have a similar replacement label? If so, could you provide any pics?

Asking as some folks interested in purchasing used out of warranty 2012-15 MS's might run across 3rd party reman labels and wonder what they look like (and what they mean i.e. reman date). @wk057

344337048_1903955349961286_4156969134834654221_n.jpg

Last edited:
Depending on the type of refurbishment done, we tend to just remove the original labels entirely, especially if the resulting chassis part/serial doesn't match the BMS part/serial.

The important information for us is what's available electronically, and we keep a record of what packs we install and such. Just like it doesn't matter if your trunk badge says P100D if you've really got a 2012 60, it doesn't really matter to us at all what the label on the pack says.

With a lot of packs we upgrade the chassis to something newer, which may or may not even match the original pack type let alone the part/serial. So the label becomes kind of pointless.

Tesla also doesn't always update the label when refurbishing. They usually do, but not always.

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike and NV Ray
Depending on the type of refurbishment done, we tend to just remove the original labels entirely, especially if the resulting chassis part/serial doesn't match the BMS part/serial.

The important information for us is what's available electronically, and we keep a record of what packs we install and such. Just like it doesn't matter if your trunk badge says P100D if you've really got a 2012 60, it doesn't really matter to us at all what the label on the pack says.

With a lot of packs we upgrade the chassis to something newer, which may or may not even match the original pack type let alone the part/serial. So the label becomes kind of pointless.

Tesla also doesn't always update the label when refurbishing. They usually do, but not always.
Thx Jason. As far as the Tesla reman pic is concerned, the way I read it is that it's a July 2013 pack that has been remanufactured once - T13G and R1.

That said, one cannot tell from Tesla's label when the reman was done. Could be anytime from 2013 to present. Correct?

If so, kinda proves your point.

Thx Jason. As far as the Tesla reman pic is concerned, the way I read it is that it's a July 2013 pack that has been remanufactured once - T13G and R1.

That said, one cannot tell from Tesla's label when the reman was done. Could be anytime from 2013 to present. Correct?

If so, kinda proves your point.

Correct.

Some other clues would suggest this one was done in at least mid 2015, but no way to pin down an exact timeframe from the label.

Electronically I can usually figure out a reman date by deciphering BMS data of packs remanned after about 2016, but it's not really useful information at that point, so I don't tend to bother.

• Informative
Reactions: NV Ray