Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

e-Fatigue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I'm experiencing some of what I wall call e-fatigue.

The science is all there. We have readily identifiable high level risks that can negatively impact the future for society. We have workable solutions. I'm not the -- we all have to ride bicycles, live in tents, and eat tofu type -- but I believe we need to be working on reducing the risks and negative consequences of our technologies to best ensure a bright future for humanity. And it just feels like no one cares. Why should I continue this obnoxious struggle to help a society that doesn't want to help itself, and that actively retaliates against people like me for trying to support a better world for all of us. I barely like us to begin with. All the haters, coal rollers, and generally intentionally offensive people are wearing me down. It's so much easier to not care about the welfare of others. Is there a legitimate argument for leaving people to their fate if they are on a destructive path? I guess the reason I keep on going is because of future generations that could be severely negatively impacted by our current generation's negligence. But if we aren't further evolving as a species, then I can assume they will be just as bad as us. I don't know. Even so, I keep caring about the future and welfare of humankind. But it's so exhausting.

Wow, can’t wait to see the feedback on this one. Yep, as a species, we leave a lot to be desired. Latest theory on why we don’t see aliens is that once a civilization reaches that level of technology, they end up destroying themselves. It’s easy to get discouraged but maybe mankind wasn’t endowed with the evolutionary stamina to survive its own ignorance. Who knows.

Reactions: petit_bateau