Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving to the Cottage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have experience using the RV electrical hookups in Algonquin Park?
"Campsites with electricity have the standard trailer hookup - a 15A duplex receptacle and a 30A receptacle."

What adapter is needed to plug into the 30A receptacle?

I think that is a camper-specific plug, 110V 30A:

TT-30 P-R.jpg

Not sure it's of much use.

Anyone have experience using the RV electrical hookups in Algonquin Park?
"Campsites with electricity have the standard trailer hookup - a 15A duplex receptacle and a 30A receptacle."

What adapter is needed to plug into the 30A receptacle?

There is good info on using the TT-30, 30 Amp RV outlet here: It IS possible to charge at 24A from a 120V TT-30 plug... - Page 10

Remember that the TT-30 is only 120 Volts. Older MS's will charge at 20 Amps and newer ones at 24 Amps with the adapter cited in that link. All you will get is about 7 mph charging. You will be much better off and get about 28 mph charging if you can find a 50 Amp RV outlet.

In ideal conditions... even then you're pushing it. You'd have to drive slow, and that means you're blocking other traffic. Hit a detour or something and you could be in trouble. Personally I'd stop along the way somewhere for a top-up.

Sun Country Highway lists some possible Level II charging stations in that direction:

Ashburn, Virginia

The Muskoka Region is comfortably accessible from Ottawa at temperatures of 22 degrees. We drove the 410km from Ottawa to Bala (via Bancroft at the speed limit + 5kmh) using 66.5 kwh and then charged at Bush's Watersports Park at a rate of 18 kwh. On the return I topped up at the Muskoka Club in Gravenhurst at a rate of 16 kwh and then drove 388km via Bancroft at the speed limit + 15kmh using 66.1 kWh.

Along this route, the EV Trip Planner is quite accurate at forecasting energy use. The Muskoka Club in Gravenhurst makes their two HPWCs available to the public, while Bush's in Bala also has two HPWCs and charges $20 to non-customers.