Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving Height of Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for a preowned Model X up to $85k. Just wondering how the visibility is for those who have come from much taller SUV’s Range River Grand Cherokee , G wagon etc?? Do you like the distance visibility? I know it all glass but My wife likes taller SUV’s

if you raise the seat so you're closer to the glass, it is a pretty high driving position in the Model X.

Don't you have a model already (looking at your sig)?
Yes, we put a deposit on 1 after they sent the pictures, and then they transferred it and it had so many body and mechanical Issues that they need to Correct that I rejected it , and have to find another . Just trying to confirm it’s worth the continued effort !

Good call, Tesla used cars is a mine field. Don't put up with anything!

I recommend a Tesla store visit, if you have one within striking distance. Too big of a purchase to not cross potential deal breakers off the list before moving forward, in my opinion :)

Good call, Tesla used cars is a mine field. Don't put up with anything!

I recommend a Tesla store visit, if you have one within striking distance. Too big of a purchase to not cross potential deal breakers off the list before moving forward, in my opinion :)
Thx. :rolleyes: After my pre delivery nightmare experience on Model 3 in October , and watching rich Rebuilds on his 3 month craziness to get his Model X delivered , I am quite Leary!

Ok I will see what they have. I wonder if I should save some more $$ for a X P100D in a few months too?

Ok yes that’s insightful! Do you recommend it?

We like it.. the 90 packs tend to have a little more fade than the new 100 packs. Currently after 45k miles the 90% charge is 222 miles compared to 233 when new. Not bad, I guess.

Otherwise it's been pretty trouble free for us. Needed new half shafts up front for acceleration shudder recently (they all do) and waiting for a new key sensor module currently to fix auto presenting door.

Want it? ;)

Reactions: Sg911
We like it.. the 90 packs tend to have a little more fade than the new 100 packs. Currently after 45k miles the 90% charge is 222 miles compared to 233 when new. Not bad, I guess.

Otherwise it's been pretty trouble free for us. Needed new half shafts up front for acceleration shudder recently (they all do) and waiting for a new key sensor module currently to fix auto presenting door.

Want it? ;)
Sounds good don’t mind the loss saving $45k from new !!

Yes, :DI know about the half shafts ...a recurring issue. Never fixed on the P100d either?!

What kind of numbers is Tesla quoting you for used 2016 X90Ds?
Hmmmm... screwy Tesla:rolleyes:

Between $75 up to $80k for an Ludicrous P90D with 19k miles. That’s seems to be the sweet spot. I think with low mileage it can’t be too badly damaged lol. I wish there was another suv alternative available now . From yours, and other input, it makes me feel like I am gambling!

Those prices seem good to me, looks like from that they'll be taking a bath on my lease return!

With such low mileage I would guess they are former service loaners, though. Every service loaner I've been in seems like it was beat on crazy hard. Try to get one with a proud first owner instead of a loaner car.

Good luck!

• Informative
Those prices seem good to me, looks like from that they'll be taking a bath on my lease return!

With such low mileage I would guess they are former service loaners, though. Every service loaner I've been in seems like it was beat on crazy hard. Try to get one with a proud first owner instead of a loaner car.

Good luck!
Ok will do, great info. Will dig into the history of each a little more !

To answer your original question - I traded a Range Rover Supercharged for my MX. Visibility isn't anywhere near as good, for a few reasons:

- The RR is very boxy, so you can see all four corners. You can't on the MX with its curvier shape, and it makes you constantly nervous of rashing the rims when parking. As an aside, the MX is both wider and heavier than even the LWB RR.
- Driving position is much lower. You can crank it higher, but then the car isn't as fun to drive.
- Visibility through the corners of the windshield isn't as good, as the 'A' pillar gets in the way
- The awful heated windshield isn't there on the MX, which makes it much easier to see at night and in rain
- The MX's headlamps are massively better, so you can actually see at night also
- You don't get the sense of "superiority" that you do in a high SUV.

However, it's faster, more fun to drive, holds more stuff, has more comfortable seats (!), better technology (my RR's navitainment was AWFUL), and is markedly more energy efficient.

• Informative
To answer your original question - I traded a Range Rover Supercharged for my MX. Visibility isn't anywhere near as good, for a few reasons:

- The RR is very boxy, so you can see all four corners. You can't on the MX with its curvier shape, and it makes you constantly nervous of rashing the rims when parking. As an aside, the MX is both wider and heavier than even the LWB RR.
- Driving position is much lower. You can crank it higher, but then the car isn't as fun to drive.
- Visibility through the corners of the windshield isn't as good, as the 'A' pillar gets in the way
- The awful heated windshield isn't there on the MX, which makes it much easier to see at night and in rain
- The MX's headlamps are massively better, so you can actually see at night also
- You don't get the sense of "superiority" that you do in a high SUV.

However, it's faster, more fun to drive, holds more stuff, has more comfortable seats (!), better technology (my RR's navitainment was AWFUL), and is markedly more energy efficient.
Thank you that’s sounds about what I was feeling. Makes me like a Kia Telluride more lol except for the gas and lack of speed. I wish there was a more rugged ev alternative!!

I came from a 2016 Grand Cherokee. Ride height and general visibility is similar, except for the very limited visibility through the rear view mirror on the X, but I quickly got used to that. Both vehicles have limited visibility because of big A pillars, so I was already used to that.

• Informative