Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers side floor mat issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, we have a 2022 Model Y LR. The driver's side floor mat keeps moving and interfering with braking/driving. The left flap portion seems to like to want to bend over (which is even worse and more of a safety concern). I've tried to re-position it multiple times with limited success in resolving the issue. Our car only has 35k miles on it and nothing crazy has be done with the OEM floor mats. I've contacted Tesla. They asked for a picture, then requested me to by a new set of floor mats to remedy the concern. I asked if new floor mats would be designed differently (waiting on a response). Is anyone else having this issue? Any thoughts?

Maybe with a new set of floor mats you'll be fine.
If the mats are the same design, wouldn't that imply there is something wrong with my mats? Are Tesla floor mats now considered a wear item needing replacement every 2 years?

It just seems odd that in 20 years of driving - this is the first time I had this problem. Heck, my Toyota had a recall on the mats - and I had no issues with them.

Do your mats have the loop (Velcro) fasteners on the underside to grab the carpet on the floor?
Hi, I just took a look/picture - see attached. I'm assuming those are the dark things on the corners? They mat seems to have a bit of stick to the carpet. It just doesn't have enough.

Attachments

• floor mat.jpg
    floor mat.jpg
    662.3 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Mike_TV
I got these to replace the original floor mats. Was $347 total upon delivery. These are not fabric, but a very tough slightly flexible vinyl. After 3 years there is no visible wear under the pedal where the right foot rests. Note that I'm in SoCal so never see snow and there is limited rain too. In a mild climate you don't need weather tech mats to contain boots full of snow. Love that the red border matches my Y color. I vacuum and just run a damp cloth over then occasionally and they look new. I donated my original fabric mats to a random TMC member I met at a Supercharger.

I had the issue with the foot rest part on my model Y. It seems to require very careful positioning otherwise it moves easily. Once I get it in the right position it's ok.

My big gripe is that I have managed to wear a hole through the mat where my heel sits when foot is on accelerator. Never seen this on any other car I have owned and I've only done around 10k in my Y. I'm going to raise a request and see if Tesla will replace.

I had the issue with the foot rest part on my model Y. It seems to require very careful positioning otherwise it moves easily. Once I get it in the right position it's ok.

My big gripe is that I have managed to wear a hole through the mat where my heel sits when foot is on accelerator. Never seen this on any other car I have owned and I've only done around 10k in my Y. I'm going to raise a request and see if Tesla will replace.
Spoiler alert: they won’t. Mine was showing wear around 6-7k km, did the same, got told these are a non-warranty. Ended up buying new ones from the shop.

Reactions: Chimpy McChimp

Curious if you have any better luck. They removed the service request from my service appt.