Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a new member of the Tesla community, I'm excited to see that there's a rich ecosystem of owners here sharing their experiences, so I'd like to share a really educational experience I had buying two different floor mats and ultimately sending one of them back for a refund.

When I first stepped on the Tesla Shield, I felt the durability and the comfort of the material.
Other floormats I’ve used with th Model Y–Teslamania, Weathertech, etc.–feel like someone
took an incredibly thick chunk of rubber and rough-cut a floormat out of it. Here the Tesla Shields (Premium Tesla Accessories)
Shield stands apart. It’s more than just an effective way to keep the floor of your Tesla spotless;
it’s an accent piece as much as the upholstery.

TESLA SHIELDS 1st Review Pic 1.jpg

When my Tesla Shields arrived in the mail, they were a breeze to install. They practically pop
right into place when you lay them on the Model Y. I really like the wavy texture, it catches the
eye when you open the door of the car.

Pic 2 Lorena.jpg

When my sixty-pound puppy and I took our Tesla to the beach, I was certain that the infamous
sandy paw test would be the downfall of my Tesla shield. When you look at them, they don’t
appear to have as much coverage as other mats. To my surprise, there was no sand anywhere
on the floors of the car, and I was happy to see that none of his spilled water made it through
either.

One concern I had when first inspecting the mats was if the material would be susceptible to
rips and tears. The Teslamania mats I used were surprisingly rough, and had sharp edges that
could cut softer skin if you’re not careful while adjusting them. They also fit poorly (see below).
Pic 3 Bad fit copy.jpg

Again, here the Tesla Shield felt
like more of a futuristic yoga mat than the usual rubber mats. You really get the sense of build
quality when you touch them, and they feel good on bare feet. Also, I typically have sweaty/
muddy gym shoes when I come home, and I gave these mats the works: a ride to and from a
mud-soaked trail run. In hindsight I should’ve taken pictures with them, because the floor mats
that Tesla provides with the car barely covers the forward part of the driver’s foot area. These
really did the job.

Customer service reviews for Tesla Shields really concerned me at first. Online, they’d received
several negative reviews, citing slow delivery times. I got mine delivered three weeks after my
order, and I think that's speedy service in this industry. I spoke with Jason from their customer service team,
and while I could tell he was just a kid, he really took the time to follow up with me… Thanks
Jason!

I purchased the $149.99 package, and I will be back soon for my frunk mats!
Dan D.
Brooklyn, NY

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CS@Tshields