Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dozens of media outlets misquoting price of the Model X making it seem more expensive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was not clear to me that the Signature comes with Carbon Fiber/CF. Making that assumption from this post or were there more? Model X Configuration has begun! - Page 4

Can someone please explain to me what a Carbon Fiber Spoiler option is? From all the design studio images, the spoiler appears to be body colour. So, does the Carbon Fiber Spoiler option mean
(a) that we will see a checkered retractable spoiler? (I don't think this would look as good)
(b) the spoiler material will be replaced with lighter carbon fiber, but be painted to match the body
(c) there will be a second static spoiler, similar to the Model-S (I'm thinking this is highly unlikely)

I could've sworn I saw it from someone's configuration, maybe Bonnie? One sec, let me see if I can dig it up.
- - - Updated - - -
Here, included: Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip
Well done. Thanks for the catch.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/5ylrYwU.png
5ylrYwU.png

They are still at it

Teslas Model X Will Hit the Streets on September 29

I guess what we still don't know is if 85 watt is the standard battery size.

How about this for baseless fud? I was wondering how the falcon wing doors will get the power from. 12v or main pack? If it is the 12v then what are the implications? Raising or lowering such a heavy door will tax the hell out of the 12v leading to dead batteries a lot sooner compared to MS.

edit : 85 kilowatt

Put yourself in the shoes of a reporter. Go to Tesla's website and click on Model X. Try to find out what this "Signature" thing is. What is the difference between a signature and regular Model X? How does one get a signature?

Sure everyone around here knows that information, but it's all gone from Tesla's website. So let's say the reporter calls Tesla. Do you think Tesla is going to respond with a comment? Nope.

All of the misinformation in the articles comes from Tesla's lack of information. Hopefully that will be fixed by the end of this month, but honestly I don't really blame the reporters on this one.

I don't really buy that excuse. The news story was not sourced by digging through the Tesla website. Most of them seemed to have a source chain that originates from either this Inside EVs article:
http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-x-signature-series-240-miles-range-60-3-8-seconds-132000/
or this Business Insider article:
http://www.businessinsider.com/tesl...model-x-buyers-to-customize-their-suvs-2015-9

Both of which source from us:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/52766-Model-X-Configuration-has-begun!

The primary source clearly references "Signature" and both of those secondary sources have an explanation of "signature". These secondary sources are an example of what "real" journalists do. All they had to do was Google "signature Tesla" and they can easily see that a signature model has a premium over a regular model.

I suspect what really happened is third party sources just skimmed the given articles and then left out the "signature". Or by the time it reached the fourth party the "signature" gets left out. I've seen that happen with a lot of news stories, where accuracy degrades rapidly as article writers don't bother to dig through the source chain to find the primary source and the story has been filtered through the interpretation of many different authors. If you ever played "pass the message" the effect is very similar (by the end the message likely has changed to something completely different).

"The initial vehicles will be Founders Series " well we all knew that since founder's configured in august before the sig's just started configuring, but the question is: how many founders model's are there? 10?

i find it kind of silly that they say 'Model X will start delivering third quarter" and they wait until the last two days of the quarter to deliver 5 or 10 cars....

and to those that say "they met their goal" really what this tells me is that they are rushing like hell to get the first cars out so as not to disappoint investors and the end result will probably be a bunch of really poorly put together cars that will have all sorts of weird things wrong with them since they are probably going built by hand lol